Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tips for winning at the dogs

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
anyone got any tips for winning at the Dogs tonight? Whenever I go I seem to lose!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
that whole thing about them shitting to make them run faster is a LIE!

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
yeah, i used that tactic last time and it was a disaster!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
pick the fastest dog :dunce:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Bet on a dog and shoot the rest

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Trap 3 has the most wins in the past few years. I could tell you who would win but my dog run and won on Wednesday so isnt running tonight. I'll have a look on the Hove Owners forum and give you my owners opinion on tonights races.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Race 1.....Trap 2
Race 2.....Trap 1
Race 3.....Trap 5
Race 4.....Trap 6
Race 5.....Trap 3
Race 6.....Trap 4
Race 7.....Trap 5

Cant be arsed to look anymore, sorry!!! This should give you a good start. Look for a good starter, a dog on form i.e. good recent times and one that doesnt die a death on the last bend.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
That's nice of you chez. A real bummer though if he ain't going to Hove! :lolol:

Jul 20, 2003
tipping dogs

look at the dogs - they should be skinny, if their ribs aren't showing they may have taken on a lot of water just before the race - this slows them down significantly

Bet on the tote and bet late - look at the odds offered by the on course bookies - if they are offering significantly shorter odds than the tote - back on the tote and trust their judgement - If the on course bookies shorten the odds dramatically they've probably taken some large wagers on course - this often is an indication that someone knows something!

don't ignore place bets - a bit of experience and some modest mental arithmetic will allow you to spot the odd race where the place will pay more than the win - a top value bet

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
chez said:
Race 1.....Trap 2
Race 2.....Trap 1
Race 3.....Trap 5
Race 4.....Trap 6
Race 5.....Trap 3
Race 6.....Trap 4
Race 7.....Trap 5

Cant be arsed to look anymore, sorry!!! This should give you a good start. Look for a good starter, a dog on form i.e. good recent times and one that doesnt die a death on the last bend.

Just had a bit of an accumulator on that, thanks!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Barnet Seagull said:
if it's dry the inside traps have an advantage (1 & 2)

if it's wet, the outside traps have an advantage (5 & 6)
Errr, sorry to be fick.
But why ?

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
i would think because

if dry inside has less distance to travel.

if wet an inside dog has to slow down for corner as too wet and needs more of a curve/less grip

my guess anyway

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Formerly Known as DEZ said:
anyone got any tips for winning at the Dogs tonight? Whenever I go I seem to lose!

Follow the Argus tips for NAP (i.e. their top tip for the night) and their NB (i.e. Next Best tip fro the night). Their stars rating is usually pretty accurate also.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here