Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Tinpot & Plucky

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's not a lot of housing close to our town centre, few big supermarkets (many people shop at Castlepoint). Its always been a town centre full of students, tourists and large quite expensive buildings . I cant remember taking the kids there more than a couple of times, not even for the beach as there's better further along. Unless you pop along to Boscombe (which kind of reminds me more of Brighton) you'll see more of a presence or even Poole.

Logistically I'd say both places are totally different in relation to town centres per se (if thats where you visited). You seem to have better transport links but masses of housing within walking distance to the pier for example. I'm not sure what the demographic is, families etc. Of course you have a 30K ground and all that comes with it and probably sell three times as many shirts ;-)

I agree the town centres are totally different, and so will attract a different demographic. We're both "tourist towns" of course, but yours is nicer and more modern IMO. I really like that park behind the pier, and always visit the aviaries there (I'm always impressed at how well looked after the birds are - cleaned-out cages and fresh fruit for them daily). Its a nice chilled vibe with the live music and the coffee / picnic outlets they have dotted around there. Plus, unlike in Brighton, motorists are NOT treated as unlawful murderous rapist scum. Traffic flows easily through the seafront on that little flyover, which they haven't decided to botch up yet unlike our own city centre seafront, which is now basically a permanent traffic jam.

The Muff as a town has a lot going for it IMO. But the football club... not so much.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Just like you we ain't a football town. I see them all over the place but not necessarily in a town centre rammed with thousands of visitors.

Saw no Brighton shirts when I spent two days at your gaff for my daughters graduation, didn't think anything of it tbf.

Nonsense, you would love to get the crowds that we do.

If it's any consolation I would have liked you to stay up, if only for the opportunity to have a few beers in The Firkin Shed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here