Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tino Livramento

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I was going to point out that Wan-Bissaka went for £50m after one good season, or ask how much you think Lamptey would have been worth if it he hadn’t got injured and had kept up his form over a season, or mention how White cost £50m after a season in the Prem despite being half a decade older.

But then you saved me the effort by not even knowing the nationality of the player the thread is about so it’s much easier to write you off as not having a clue. Cheers for being so efficient
Whatever !!

Regardless of nationality the thinking is the same.

Are you really going to tell me that if the deal for lamptey included a 25m buy back clause for Chelsea you wouldn't have taken him ? Of course you would and so would every other fan.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Whatever !!

Regardless of nationality the thinking is the same.

Are you really going to tell me that if the deal for lamptey included a 25m buy back clause for Chelsea you wouldn't have taken him ? Of course you would and so would every other fan.

No I wouldn’t. If Lamptey can solve his fitness issues, then surely he is a £40M-£50M player like White after a couple of seasons ?

Oh and Lamptey had 6 months left on his desk vs 1 season for this lad

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Really hope this one doesn't come back to haunt us.

I have to say, I understood the stance if the buy back was £25m but £40m is massive, if we turned Lamptey around for £40m we’d be thinking it’s great business. Who knows, have to trust the club I guess.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I have to say, I understood the stance if the buy back was £25m but £40m is massive, if we turned Lamptey around for £40m we’d be thinking it’s great business. Who knows, have to trust the club I guess.

I can only imagine his wage demands were ridiculous enough for us to step away from any deal.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Really hope this one doesn't come back to haunt us.

If Livramento was hit by a bus outside Saints training ground and was unable to play again, would that mean he would also have failed to make the grade at Brighton?

If somehow Bielsa implausibly switched from Leeds to Saints and turned Livramento from an unheralded former Chelsea youth into a full international, would that mean he would also have been a massive success under our mortal management structure?

He was never our player, he felt his future lay elsewhere, there is nothing to come back to haunt us.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
This does look like one we should have been able to secure but who knows why it didn't work out i.e. we weren't prepared to pay or that he felt Southampton was a better choice..

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If Livramento was hit by a bus outside Saints training ground and was unable to play again, would that mean he would also have failed to make the grade at Brighton?

It would ralistically mean that we'd dodged a bullet - not that I would wish us to be dodging bullets in such a way.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Despite Brighton probably doing the right thing in not going through with the deal, I'm still pissed off we didn't get him! If it's true that we could have got him for £5m and then sold him back to Chelsea for £40m (that's if they want him back) then seriously what is wrong with that?

If Karbownik is not up to speed/scratch then we need another RB/RWB as it's obvious Lamptey is not going to last a full season. We need pace down the right and Veltman (although an able deputy) is not the answer.

rant over

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think you’re right but that we’ll play a back 4 a hell of a lot more than we did last season. Seems to me that Potter has been testing a 4-3-2-1 in pre-season and will do on Saturday too. The fact that we have about 15 central midfielders and one less top level centre back supports this idea.

You of all people might know that I went for 4321 in the team for Watford thread

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I find it very hard to believe that Chelsea would have bothered to put a £40m buy-back clause in.

No benefit for them to do that.
The only reason to add a buyback clause would be to play him or sell him on.

I can't see £40m being a good deal for them in either case.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It would ralistically mean that we'd dodged a bullet - not that I would wish us to be dodging bullets in such a way.

Is the wrong answer. It was a hypothetical question. The point being he would not have been outside the Saints training ground to get hit by a bus, IF he had signed for Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here