Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tin Pot Pre Match Entertainment

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Normally I couldn't really give a rat's razzoo about pre match entertainment. I'm mostly to be found finishing off a pint on the concourse and getting to my seat just as the teams come out. However, as I've written elsewhere, I took my son yesterday and we were therefore in our seats 20 minutes before kick off.

I know there have been other threads about the demise of Gully's Girls but I have to say the pre match warm up looks pitiful if you are a parent. Fan zone now seems to consist of the same music but with ads for local plumbers on the big screen. Why not go the whole hog and just play the Pearl and Dean music (BA BA BA BA, BA BA BA BA, BABABA, BA BA BA BA BA BAAAAAAAAA!). It couldn't be more shit.

What really are we saving / making with this new routine? Surely if we want to make an operating profit we should be shifting more of the dead wood off the wage bill instead of turning the kid's entertainment in the the equivalent of the Argus classifieds.

Apologies, I know bits of this have been done before but this was the first time I experienced it from the perspective of a parent with a child who needed distracting before kick off rather than as a seasoned drinker in the WSU.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
maybe its to get you in the concourses drinking :thumbsup:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I agree. Its not just the kids but all those who don't want a pie and pint who sit in their sits before the game who need to be entertained. No point in Fans zone if all they show on the screen are adverts.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
maybe its to get you in the concourses drinking :thumbsup:

But that's the point. Without my boy that's exactly what I do and always have.

That's not an option for families with young kids. Surely a bit of pom pom waving and the chance to appear on the big screen isn't costing the earth?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
How long until adverts on the screen during the game?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Actually like you I hadnt noticed till yesterday that it was adverts instead of shots of the crowd.

Sorry but if they can do it at the olympics they can do it at the amex.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Could this just be because sky are controlling the cameras for the game rather than some evil marketing plot?

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
How long until adverts on the screen during the game?

the upcoming sale on january 5th was definitely shown at some point during the game

last night was the least i have seen on the fan zone thing - no shots of the fans and no dancers - girls, groups or otherwise. my lad also wondered what the 'security gully' was. frankly, i don't see why they need to make a big deal of pre match entertainment. a few songs, announce the team and get on with it. but no point pretending it's something it's not. and the fan zone songs have become very cringey

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Could this just be because sky are controlling the cameras for the game rather than some evil marketing plot?

could be. be interesting to see what happeneagainst the toon and of course derby at home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here