Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Has to be team orders, surely?

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
I have no problem running the time down if done at the right time ..............as DW said on the phone in it is better than going for it and conceding twice as we did at Cheltenham. He also went onto say , as Goldstone pointed out , that we did it far to early for which he apologised ( a first? ). It wouldn't be so bad if were good at it but Coxy proved otherwise today and with the help of some apalling decisions from the lino we ended up looking a tad foolish....

Still , a ten fold improvement on Tuesday's debacle. We were well worth the points:ascarf::albion2:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Still doesn't explain why fans were moaning when it happened with 2 minutes to go...

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Cox had an obsession with the corner flag! Whats the point though, we got it in the corner three times and twice were penalised.

Cox had two oppotunities to cross the ball and he just turned and tried to shield it. Murray was aching for the ball to come in!

I have no problem running the time down if done at the right time ..............as DW said on the phone in it is better than going for it and conceding twice as we did at Cheltenham. He also went onto say , as Goldstone pointed out , that we did it far to early for which he apologised ( a first? ). It wouldn't be so bad if were good at it but Coxy proved otherwise today and with the help of some apalling decisions from the lino we ended up looking a tad foolish....

Still , a ten fold improvement on Tuesday's debacle. We were well worth the points:ascarf::albion2:

Dean Cox was hoping to goad their defender into committing himself, which is why he went back and forth in that area near their area. It was also not on Brighton to have to hurry anything, as we were ahead - so normally you get opposing players frustrated by doing that.

Referees are never going to come out and say it - but this season they have ALL been instructed to award throws and kicks to the defending team, when attacking players take the ball to the corners to waste time. It's been the same all over the country, all season.
Honestly, I don't know why players and managers don't suss that sort of thing early doors, as it IS made obvious from just watching a couple of games back in August!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Has to be team orders, surely?
Don't think so, a couple of times Wilkins was waving them forward and shouting when they attempted it. I think the first time with Coxy it happened by accident because he ran himself into a dead end - then that seemed to make others follow suit. It was a shame as it tainted an otherwise good performance in which we deserved and could have got another goal. Also it is pointless when we attempt these tactics - because we're rubbish at them! Robinson and Cox trying to shield the ball it a pointless exercise, a light breeze could unbalance those two.

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
Dean Cox was hoping to goad their defender into committing himself, which is why he went back and forth in that area near their area.

Hoping is about right ....you would think after the first dozen 'back and forths' he would have got he message that he wasn't going to committ .........hate to say it but defender played him well. Still , a minor point in the greater scheme and all that ....3 well deserved points ..:clap2:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
First time Cox did it and kept the ball for an age it was a bit of a laugh ( even though it was way too early ). After that though it got silly trying to run it into the corners all the time.

I hate it most when we do it from corners.

Hoping is about right ....you would think after the first dozen 'back and forths' he would have got he message that he wasn't going to committ .........hate to say it but defender played him well. Still , a minor point in the greater scheme and all that ....3 well deserved points ..:clap2:

Yes, I think you're right in noting that their defender was wise not to fall for it and steam in, as Cox would have probably turned him and headed straight for their area.
Well not everything is going to succeed in a match - Coxy had an earlier shot at goal, at a good moment, that was underhit, and landed right into the keeper's arms.
I like that he tried that shot though - it was the right position to shoot from, and the keeper was off his line. It just wasn't hit with enough power, this time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here