Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time Wasting

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I know it would have made no difference but how did the ref come up with only 3 minutes of injury time in the Utd game last night?

Think there were 4 subs (1 Utd and 3 Milan) that's supposed to be 2 minutes. Kaka was down for ages and there were at least two other times the game was stopped.

At the Albion last Saturday there were at least the same number of subs - could have been five actually, and Oldham were wasting time from the statt of the second half. 3 minutes again were played when it should in reality have been 6 or seven.

It's about time a ref had the balls to actually give the right amount of injury time - imagine if somebody held up a board saying 10 minutes - it might stop the time wasting.

Time for Rugby League style timekeepers etc - and we might get the right amount of time played.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Theres so many ways that the game could be improved and be made much more entertaining if the relevant authorities pulled their fingers out of their arses and did what they were paid for.

I'd like to see the 90 minutes scrapped and have the match timed on how long the ball is in play. That would completely eradicate timewasting by substitutions, feigning injury, goal kicks etc.

I'd also like to see a rule whereby no physios are allowed on the pitch unless the ref deems it an emergency. All treatment off the pitch and once a player leaves the field of play they cannot return for a minimum amount of time e.g. 3 minutes. I cannot recall ever seeing any injury that needed to be seen to by a physio except legitimate cases whereby the player had to leave the pitch through substitution or further treatment/patching up anyway.

I reckon these two combined would remove pretty much every form of timewasting.

Just need to sort out diving now.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here