Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to take the breaks off?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Lua Lua has the speed, skill and ability to worry other teams. Can we please start to make use of him?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Bloody hope so - this policy of being told exactly what to do and when is stifling the players. Listen to any good manager and you'll hear them say that you need to let players play their natural game. Obviously this is done in tandem with pattern of play etc but Gus definately takes the edge off our players with this regimental style he insists on.

Which managers have said that? I think this is totally wrong. If you let a bunch of players just play their natural game it would be a disaster. You play to a system and to tactics.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Which managers have said that? I think this is totally wrong. If you let a bunch of players just play their natural game it would be a disaster. You play to a system and to tactics.

I agree, you have to have a system and tactics. But key to that working is playing players in their natural positions, not filling round holes with square pegs. We got two speed merchant wingers, but never play them. Since when has Vicente been a lone striker. Barnes best position is cf etc etc etc.

Mar 10, 2006
Which is why I said that you let players play their game that obviously fits in with your system of play. That's why it's key to get your transfers right. As the poster above says Barnes is a CF so play him there and if he's not as good or better than others then he's on the bench. Again play the wingers - there was a big fuss made when we moved to the Amex that it was one of the biggest/widest pitches in the country so bloody use it if you have the players.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well I reckon our players should wear Seagull-type BEAKS to make them look more aggressive. They could make shrieking noises when they attack (which they'd be doing a lot of, obviously) & then shit all over the opposition.

You know it makes sense! :thumbsup:

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
This is Gus we are talking about, he doesn't do brakes off. Neither does he do 442, as has been stated we need to make good use of our wingers. With Buckley and Lua Lua raiding up the wing and putting crosses in for Ulloa to either knock down for Macca or putting them away himself. With Bruno and Bridge also liking a wander up field, we should be able to play a 442 quite comfortably. But it ain't gonna happen folks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here