Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to take the breaks off?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Gus has said we should be going for win:loose (ie 3 points or no points) instead of drawing - is he prepared to take the breaks off and go for it in the remaining games? and is this the right way to approach the rest of the season?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Is that the right way to approach it? Yes. Will Gus do it? I'll believe it when I see it.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Gus has said we should be going for win:loose (ie 3 points or no points) instead of drawing - is he prepared to take the breaks off and go for it in the remaining games? and is this the right way to approach the rest of the season?

I like having a half time interval. Unless we're pressing for a goal and the ref blows up.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Would be nice to see Gus start the match with an attack based squad that we usually revert to when we are not ahead with 20 minutes to go. Then maybe bring on the stale midfielders to shut up shop once we have a goal or two lead.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Would be nice to see Gus start the match with an attack based squad that we usually revert to when we are not ahead with 20 minutes to go. Then maybe bring on the stale midfielders to shut up shop once we have a goal or two lead.

I'd sooner see us start and finish with an attack based team. Bringing on stale midfielders has caused too many dropped points. We can not defend in the last minutes due to not having an outlet and allowing teams on to us without any fear of a breakaway goal.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I believe he will, because he has got to. We need to win 12 games out of 17 probably and I truly believe we can. The problem is, if we do and get ourselves into a big make or brake game. He will revert to type, go all negative and we will lose. Because Poyet's first instinct is not to lose games, instead of trying to win them.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I doubt whether Gus will change the habits of a lifetime.

Mar 10, 2006
Bloody hope so - this policy of being told exactly what to do and when is stifling the players. Listen to any good manager and you'll hear them say that you need to let players play their natural game. Obviously this is done in tandem with pattern of play etc but Gus definately takes the edge off our players with this regimental style he insists on.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Bloody hope so - this policy of being told exactly what to do and when is stifling the players. Listen to any good manager and you'll hear them say that you need to let players play their natural game. Obviously this is done in tandem with pattern of play etc but Gus definately takes the edge off our players with this regimental style he insists on.

Phew - a serious post, does that mean I'm off the appalling spealling hook?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I believe he will, because he has got to. We need to win 12 games out of 17 probably and I truly believe we can. The problem is, if we do and get ourselves into a big make or brake game. He will revert to type, go all negative and we will lose. Because Poyet's first instinct is not to lose games, instead of trying to win them.

In this case its 'break' for Heavens Sake:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here