Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

time to own up!

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Palace as a quite local club watched them a bit in the 70's/80's along with spurs,fulham and aldershot,just quite like these teams thats all!

Fair enough with Spurs, Fulham & possibly even Aldershot, but PALARSE..... are you mad! Never never want Palarse to win any game even against the plastic mancs

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Didn't watch the game because I couldn't give a flying f*** who won. Detest both teams with a passion.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
To be fair when we beat Man city, we hadn't a few months previously been the first team to beat Palace in their new stadium. I think they'd have still been smarting like a few people on here are if we had. Nothing wrong with it in my book.
True enough, but I think that's a different issue. If it had been us playing Man U there would have been posts saying "Meh, rather get three points against Forest TBH." Granted people want Palace to lose every game, but the people who think the League is all that matters will, by their own logic, be quite happy to trade Palace winning at Man U with them losing their next league game. Consequently I think some of the angst being displayed is people wanting to have their cake and eat it.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
To be fair when we beat Man city, we hadn't a few months previously been the first team to beat Palace in their new stadium. I think they'd have still been smarting like a few people on here are if we had. Nothing wrong with it in my book.

To be honest I'd forgotten that Palace were the first team in the league to beat us. Liverpool will always be the first team to beat as at The Amex in myb book and I'm sure that will be what is remembered by everyone bar the Palace fans.

Last night was a really hard one. I hate Man Ure 1000 times more than I hate Palace but I wanted them to win last night as it was a nothing game for then whereas it was Palaces biggest game since the FA Cup final about 20 odd years ago.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Hopefully the extra time will leave them a little more tired for their next game, and progressing through to the next round provides another opportunity for their players to get clogged, injured etc., and thus disrupting their progress in the Championship.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Would congratulate Palace for a good result with contempt, bitterness, and loathing.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
True enough, but I think that's a different issue. If it had been us playing Man U there would have been posts saying "Meh, rather get three points against Forest TBH." Granted people want Palace to lose every game, but the people who think the League is all that matters will, by their own logic, be quite happy to trade Palace winning at Man U with them losing their next league game. Consequently I think some of the angst being displayed is people wanting to have their cake and eat it.
Good honest post,did they get any bookings,Scannel was hurt,extra time,still in cup ...mind wanders...will test them on Friday how good their back up is!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Does cheering for a whole load of injuries and extra time count?

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
No, I was still cheering on the Asteroid/Meteor that let us all down by not landing on OT.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Cheer - no f**king way
Be less Disappointed and gutted then when they normally win - definitely.

CPFC1234

Banned
Oct 26, 2011
ON A DERSERTED ISLAND
Hopefully the extra time will leave them a little more tired for their next game, and progressing through to the next round provides another opportunity for their players to get clogged, injured etc., and thus disrupting their progress in the Championship.

In all honesty though, i would Actually take Going to Wembley and You to finish above us at the end of the season, No one Cares about League position (Except for us of course) its all about silverware.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here