Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Last 30 league games

3 wins
15 draws
12 losses

24 points

No it doesn't take a genious to work out that is relegation form, in fact bottom of the league form.

3 wins in 30 games, is that the worst record in Albion's history ?.

The fact is we have a mid table div 1 side toughing it out in the Championship and our of our depth, the cracks are starting to show. The bookies make us nailed on certainties to go down. far more so than any other side, even Millwall.

Draws are marginally better than losses and it is better to win 3 and lose 5 than draw 8.

Our forward line after 18 games shows:

Robinson - 0 goals
Kazim-Richards - 2 goals
Knight - 3 goals ( not always a striker )

We need to give Turienzo a chance surely after spening £ 150000 and having such an inept forward line.

Now McGhee is not to blame and I want to see him have a 5 year contract. Now we have Falmer we do not need a team struggling in div 1 in 2/3 years as this is where we are going ?.

We need to invest in the side as well as the stadium and we need to do it soon. MM needs to have some cash to splash and raising that cash is surely more likely with the Falmer verdict

The football we have played this season has been pretty dire and we are one of the worst 3 sides in this league at the moment. We need an cash injection. Is this at all likely ?.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
I dont think we can blame it on the lack of cash only. I think there comes a time when we have to stop relying on the brighton sob story. we have got our ground thank god and now we have to start getting some points. some of it is mcghee. you cant constantly blame players.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
caz99 said:
I dont think we can blame it on the lack of cash only. I think there comes a time when we have to stop relying on the brighton sob story. we have got our ground thank god and now we have to start getting some points. some of it is mcghee. you cant constantly blame players.

Err exactly.

But some on here will not criticise McGhee for anything. As was shown on Saturday. My mate questioned McGhee's decision over Knight and it all got a bit silly.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Robinson has not scored in the league this season has he ???

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thats the best argument you have put forward Chappers, keep taking the pills.

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Uncle Buck said:
Err exactly.

But some on here will not criticise McGhee for anything. As was shown on Saturday. My mate questioned McGhee's decision over Knight and it all got a bit silly.

yeah i read your post about that. shame really everyone is entitled to their own opinons.

btw what do you mean by err?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
All this talk is bollox.

MM is doing a fine job in my eyes, sure it would be nice to win a few more games, but lets face it, while were at Withdean were always going to be battling it out to stay up.

Its so tight down the bottom end of the table that a couple of wins and were mid-table and MM is the best manager in the world again........

Getting very fickle again some people are.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Marshy said:
All this talk is bollox.

MM is doing a fine job in my eyes, sure it would be nice to win a few more games, but lets face it, while were at Withdean were always going to be battling it out to stay up.

Its so tight down the bottom end of the table that a couple of wins and were mid-table and MM is the best manager in the world again........

Getting very fickle again some people are.

At present I am not thinking along wholesale changes as it is so tight at the bottom.

But is 6 wins in 2005 really a fine job? It suggests that there are some issues, beyond the Leon incident.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Couldnt agree more with your starting post Gareth. I dont think any manager would be able to do much better with the squad we have, we were lucky to go up via the play offs, and performed a miracle to stay up last term.

We need to invest cash or we are going down and it is unfair to judge Mcghee until hes had a chance to spend some decent money on squad building.

Look at who we have sold in the last 12 months:

Darren Currie
Adam Virgo
Danny Cullip
.....and Harding but he was pony

The first 3 were arguably our best players at this point last season.

How much has he been able to spend? £100K on CKR because we won some money and £100K on Turi and again the old scrabble around for some free players who are half decent (and hes done very well with Frutos and Carole!).

Its all too easy to clammer for Mcghees head, but its plain daft to do so when you look at our squad! We have 1 left back, , no fit experienced right back, 2 fit central midfielders both with less than 40 pro games experience, 4 strikers under 23, and 1 recognised central defender with any real experience. We also have a keeper who has less than 15 pro games under his belt.

That looks like a Div 1 side to me at best.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
brightonfan_86 said:
We won't get investment untill the judical review deadline is over and thats next month, when its passed thats when we will start working on investment for the stadium and the squad.

This is Kev's mum posting isn't it? C'mon, be honest now...

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Uncle Spielberg said:
Last 30 league games

3 wins
15 draws
12 losses

24 points

No it doesn't take a genious to work out that is relegation form, in fact bottom of the league form.

3 wins in 30 games, is that the worst record in Albion's history ?.

The fact is we have a mid table div 1 side toughing it out in the Championship and our of our depth, the cracks are starting to show. The bookies make us nailed on certainties to go down. far more so than any other side, even Millwall.

Draws are marginally better than losses and it is better to win 3 and lose 5 than draw 8.

Our forward line after 18 games shows:

Robinson - 0 goals
Kazim-Richards - 2 goals
Knight - 3 goals ( not always a striker )

We need to give Turienzo a chance surely after spening £ 150000 and having such an inept forward line.

Now McGhee is not to blame and I want to see him have a 5 year contract. Now we have Falmer we do not need a team struggling in div 1 in 2/3 years as this is where we are going ?.

We need to invest in the side as well as the stadium and we need to do it soon. MM needs to have some cash to splash and raising that cash is surely more likely with the Falmer verdict

The football we have played this season has been pretty dire and we are one of the worst 3 sides in this league at the moment. We need an cash injection. Is this at all likely ?.

turienzo dosent even look a footballer to me, no balance and for his height does not win balls .. given the choice of Mcammon and him i would have Mcammon .. Not that i like it, i am starting to agree now that the stadium isssue is settled and we know that 2008 will be the date its about time we perhaps started to ringfence some cash for the team .. it does need strenghening even if its for loans ..ie cash for wages.. keep us ticking along until we get falmer and are able to compete

Last edited:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Where is Darius Henderson nowadays?

injured at watford i beleve after they shelled out 450k

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here