Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to break up the Old Boys network

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whoever comes in to replace Adams MUST be allowed to choose his own backroom staff this time. No more of this "you must work with the existing coaching staff" bollocks that DK seems to saddle his new managers with on their way through the revolving door. A new manager means a complete overhaul, a fresh start, and we won't achieve that with Booker and White clinging on to their jobs.

NEW manager. NEW coaching staff. DO IT.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Booker and White seem to have been the real underlying problem, with their crap awful lower-league coaching methods.

I think now is the time for a top to bottom, root and branch, overhaul at the club...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What do we have left?

Manager - VACANT
Assistant Manager - Dean White
Reserve Coach - Bob Booker
Director of Football - Martin Hinshelwood
1st Team Coach - VACANT
Goalkeeping Coach - VACANT
Head Scout - Barry Lloyd
Youth Coach - Vic Bragg
??? - Matt Miller

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Perhaps you meant Max Miller?

Max_miller.jpg

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Absolutely right. It's high time for some modern,thoughtful coaches to be brought in. I do think Nicky Forster could be an excellent coach and would be happy to see him on the coaching staff in some capacity in the future.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If it's Ince he should at the very least be able to bring Ray Mathias with him.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You all seem to be forgetting the cost of getting rid of all these staff. I doubt if any of you will dip your hand in your pocket. Personally, I don't know how good or bad a coach DW and BB are but I am sure they coach to the instructions of the manager who decides tactics and style of play.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
agreed. clear out the old boys. we're not a charity... knight has to stop using the first adams period as his reference point.

does anybody else think naylor might move on as well? he's lost what little credibility he had with his pathetic adams in campaign - whilst ignoring what was really happening.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Whoever comes in to replace Adams MUST be allowed to choose his own backroom staff this time. No more of this "you must work with the existing coaching staff" bollocks that DK seems to saddle his new managers with on their way through the revolving door. A new manager means a complete overhaul, a fresh start, and we won't achieve that with Booker and White clinging on to their jobs.

NEW manager. NEW coaching staff. DO IT.

couldnt agree more

Just out of interest, does anybody on here have a clue as whether Booker and White are good bad or indifferent at their jobs?

They seem to get a lot of grief but I expect that the vast majority who want them out don't actually know what they do, or how well or otherwise they do it.

Just because they don't jump up and down in the dugout doesn't mean they are useless.

They may be, but like just about everyone else on here I don't know. But I'm just trying to think of a reason why a manager or the Board would want to work with a couple of tossers, which is what any neutral would think they are, reading this board.

The most important thing is that the new manager has confidence in his coaching staff. That may be people that he brings with him and BB and DW then leave or it may be that they stay and work with the new guy. Either way, whoever the new guy wants is OK by me.

Previously Dick told incoming managers that he wanted them to work with Bob Booker, which i think was the right decision at the time, and the incoming managers must have agreed or they wouldn't have taken the job. But things are different now, I very much doubt if DK will stand in the way of the new guy bringing in whoever he wants.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The dynamic duo have to go , some new ideas wouldn't go amiss from new coaching staff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here