Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time some fans started showing a bit more class

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm certainly not someone who agrees we should never question Poyet et al because "we used to be crap and play at Withdean so should be happy".

For me, I sat through all that rain soaked crap so one day we COULD expect better.

I just wish people weren't such Charlie Big Potatoe all of a sudden.

Leeds United Syndrome ? Some of it is due to being in the shit for so long and now we've retaliated to the years of sniping and jibes from the inbred scum.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Agree with the general sentiment running through this thread. Brighton has traditionally had quite a good image in football circles and it's cringeworthy to see how above themselves some of our fans have become. Not just in how they present themselves to "lesser" clubs, but in the stupid expectations they have of the current team.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And I know it's all wrapped up in the mission statement, but that's just not clear enough for me and it's about the 'club' and not about the people that make up the club...

1.0 Mission Statement
To promote good spelling and grammar.
Fixed

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm certainly not someone who agrees we should never question Poyet et al because "we used to be crap and play at Withdean so should be happy".

For me, I sat through all that rain soaked crap so one day we COULD expect better.

I just wish people weren't such Charlie Big Potatoes all of a sudden.

I like that word "class" because I tell you what macks me right off. The word "perspective" or the words "look where we were x years ago"

No because the past is in the past. Whilst it shouldnt be forgotten it MACKS me off. Look FORWARDS. We even changed the seagull on our badge to reflect this.

Very much in agreement with both these posts. How does it go? "Tut tut gentlemen, this is NSC, no place for reasoned and balanced opinion here!" (Which is what someone usually says when they find something they agree with)

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
There were indeed,.... and where exactly would those 15k had sat if they were around then,... in the forest?

Were always a couple of thousand seats available for any of them that wanted to attend. :moo:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The poisonous plums of any society tend to be the ones who raucously holler in all directions of their dour opinions and want everyone to suffer enragedly just as they do. Sadly, they're impossible to silence and are pretty much ever-present. All the more regular-minded and sweet-thinking of us have to do is not bite the bait and do all we can to prevent their continuance of miseration. Just let them be as they are and hope they get pleased one day.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Reading some posts and tweets lately you would think we were Chelsea. Poking fun at other club's attendances, getting involved in petty spats with Palace fans who are rightly chuffed their team are doing well and moaning about the fact we are only sat in what would be our best league position in decades.

So some other clubs are struggling attendance wise. Not everyone can afford £30 to watch football. Not everyone has that luxury. Being in a position to be able to pay to regularly watch football does not make you a great fan. Particularly not when 15,000 Albion fans who can afford seats now were conspicuous by their absence at Withdean.

So Palace are doing well and a few of their supporters are creeping out of the woodwork. A bit like those extra 15,000 Brighton fans then.

Agree with this. Good journo comment, Walt.
Is it also really necessary to greet EVERY away team sub with "Who"? It sounds particularly inane when it's aimed at quite well-known players.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We have alot of twats in our fan base that I don't think we had at withdean.

Plenty of those that were there then are still here now.

Put into perspecitve though, the numbers moaning about it on here are not even 1% of those who turned up last night as part of a 20K+ crowd* to watch the Albion on a Tuesday night.

*20K crowd, our Albion, a 20K crowd, on a Tuesday night, in November, f***ing fantastic IMO. :bowdown:

:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The poisonous plums of any society tend to be the ones who raucously holler in all directions of their dour opinions and want everyone to suffer enragedly just as they do. Sadly, they're impossible to silence and are pretty much ever-present. All the more regular-minded and sweet-thinking of us have to do is not bite the bait and do all we can to prevent their continuance of miseration. Just let them be as they are and hope they get pleased one day.

Wise words indeed MB. I like the epithet 'poisonous plums' and will be trying to use it forthwith.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here