Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time running out for Robinson?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
It would appear Robinson is not Adams' plans and is not the type of player Adams is partial to, thus the two loan signings of Anyinsah and Thornton and being consecutively left out the squad; seeing him in the stands at Northampton suggested to me he was looking to get on the right side of the fans, not so much a farewell from Jake, but an allusion to the fans that he is a respectable, well-mannered lad, a gesture of good-will perhaps, either way I found it a little unusual for him to be there. I for one will be surprised if he is still here come January, and I think it’s probably right that he goes, if we can get a decent fee for him I’m sure Adams won’t hesitate in accepting it and then look to bring in a player more suited to his style, ala Thornton.

Jake’s had his chance, and I’m sure dropping down a league would be a good move for him, he will score goals in League 2 then perhaps move his way back up to a higher level, but at the moment I think it’s best suited to all parties for him to leave.

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
What do you reckon would be a decent fee? I doubt we would get anything for him.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Well we paid 55K for Dixon, got 25K ( I think ) for Elder, so surely Robinson will fit somewhere within that bracket?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It's not uncommon for players to sit in with the fans when they're not in the squad.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
It's not uncommon for players to sit in with the fans when they're not in the squad.

I know, but it is rare, espicially for someone with a character such as Robinsons, in an away game against mediocre opposition such as Northampton and for a player that is not featuring in the managers plans.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Robinson will get his chance at some point this season, and I hope he takes it.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
It is not the end of the line for Robinson, as we are still in the JPT, and also we lose Thornton, Anyinsah and Savage at the end of the month, so he will be used to fill in somewhere of those 3 spaces left in the team.

Think he has had his chance, 130 games says so. Could be a good impact sub on his day, but doesnt have the confidence in his own undoubted ability

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
Jake is probably the most frustrating player at the club. He looks the part, looks good on the ball, but rarely delivers any quality end product. He stilll seems to think he is an out and out striker, but he patently isn't. Even in the season he was top scorer, he only scored in 4 different league games. He should be outstanding 'wide right', but can't put a decent cross in often enough.

More spent practising that skill rather than the fancy flicks and keepy uppy he parades at half time (when he is a sub) would not go amiss me thinks.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I know, but it is rare, espicially for someone with a character such as Robinsons, in an away game against mediocre opposition such as Northampton and for a player that is not featuring in the managers plans.
It's not rare for the spare players who have travelled but aren't on the bench to sit in with the away fans at all. Was he on his own or with other players?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe Jakey would benefit from a move to another club at the same level. Wilkins always insisted on treating him as a wee boy and slapping him down at any opportunity 'to keep hisfeet on the ground' and Micky seems none too keen on throwing him into the starting line-up. But the lad has undoubted talent and would be an asset to many teams in League One. IMHO like.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
It's not rare for the spare players who have travelled but aren't on the bench to sit in with the away fans at all. Was he on his own or with other players?

I think he was with John Sullivan. Do you still think he will be here come January?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Probably depends if we can sign anyone permanently or just loans. I definitely don't think he'll be here next season though.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Maybe Conference for Jake but thats about it.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
I think it's also worth pointing out an ill Anyinsah, was favoured over a fit Robinson.

It could be farewell Jake :wave:

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford

He was sat with some of his mates who'd gone up to watch the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here