Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time for Sanchez

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Sorry, I was under the impression that money trees do not exist ................

Sure, but there is nothing to suggest that we don't have budget to sign one.

Sounds like the club were doing their due diligence in the summer, so I am sure they already have a few options in mind and know what fee and wages they would command.

Whether they feel the need to go out and get one is another matter.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't know if there's any mileage at all in the Heaton talk, but just say that was the case, the money that we'd have to pay in loan fee (or even transfer fee if perm) and wages are miniscule compared to the cost of relegation. Not saying he would def keep us up and what we have would take us down, but i'd be amazed if we're not considering bringing someone in.

I still think Sanchez has got 2 games to impress. Play like he did against Fulham and Sheff Utd, he'll convince the powers that be, we're ok. Play like he did today, I think we'll make a move for someone else.

He did alright today, for me. We'll see, I guess.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
If Dean Henderson is available for a January loan, which I seriously doubt, then get him in. Otherwise, Sanchez is the man and he's a Premier League quality keeper.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Perhaps but on the flip side Dunk should have dealt with it, so.... :shrug:

He needs to come for that IMO, even if it would’ve meant flattening Dunk in the process. His confidence to assert authority in his 6 yard box should grow with every game however.

For the stattos, he’s conceded 5 goals in his 4 games and the total xG against in those games was exactly 5, so he’s doing ok. For comparison, Ryan conceded 19 goals in his 11 games when the total xG against was only 12.53.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So we can only spend it on positions that aren't goalkeeper?

Yes we can, but keep on arguing for the sake of it. You know you want to. Goodnight.

Checked out Arthur Haynes yet? You should. Anyway, it's a bit of the HWT treatment for you for a while now.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If we have, then that's not the right place to spend it.

Don't get me wrong, I love that we are bringing young players through and totally accept that there will be an element of taking the rough with the smooth.

Just think that in such a crucial position of the pitch, when we're in a massive scrap for survival, it's a massive call. I'll totally back the club and player whatever they decide

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He needs to come for that IMO, even if it would’ve meant flattening Dunk in the process. His confidence to assert authority in his 6 yard box should grow with every game however.
His confidence is fine - in fact it's one of the things he's had to rein in a bit since his Forest Green days. A few more games, and Dunk should have the confidence to leave it to him rather than trying to do whatever it was he was trying to do with that header.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't get me wrong, I love that we are bringing young players through and totally accept that there will be an element of taking the rough with the smooth.

Just think that in such a crucial position of the pitch, when we're in a massive scrap for survival, it's a massive call. I'll totally back the club and player whatever they decide

So will I, of course. I still know which course I'd like them to take on this.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
No issues with Sanchez as far as I’m concerned. Our back line just need to sort themselves out.

The Albion

Apr 15, 2019
I guess Sanchez largely hoofing it long and mostly to the opposition or into touch will at least shut up the ‘stop fannying about with it at the back, FFS Ryan kick it’ brigade...........[emoji2369][emoji2369]

This.

Sanchez’ kicking has been poor. He simply hoofs it long, causing us to lose possession.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I said arguably because we are talking split second stuff, if Dunk misheads it backwards and he’s already committed, it looks as bad as the eventual outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Once again it was a set piece with at least 3 system failures (I can't even remember how the corner got awarded - we certainly played fast and loose with that in the first half) resulting in a goal scored by a fella who had no idea he'd scored.

What's most telling for me is the absolute dogs abuse Ryan would have got, had he been in goal.
Yet those so happy to slag him off have either fallen silent now they've got Sanchez, and nothing much has changed.
Or worst still defending him knowing full well they'd be screaming for a policeman were it too have been Ryan.

The king is dead long live the king.

Hopefully those in front of the keeper will stop making his job so hard.
Hopefully those on here will show some class - not holding my breath on that one.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I suggest that Sanchez is being given experience whilst Ryan is out of favour and that we will be signing a keeper, probably on loan in January. I really hope it’s early in January too. If not, a few indifferent performances by Sanchez will see Ryan back between the sticks and Potter will have to decide which is his preferred option as the season goes on. Neither seem to fill the defenders with confidence though who are looking dodgy at set pieces, especially when we are protecting a lead. Maybe it is the defenders and not the keeper, more likely a combination.

It’s really irritating as we don’t give teams many chances in open play.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Once again it was a set piece with at least 3 system failures (I can't even remember how the corner got awarded - we certainly played fast and loose with that in the first half) resulting in a goal scored by a fella who had no idea he'd scored.

What's most telling for me is the absolute dogs abuse Ryan would have got, had he been in goal.
Yet those so happy to slag him off have either fallen silent now they've got Sanchez, and nothing much has changed.
Or worst still defending him knowing full well they'd be screaming for a policeman were it too have been Ryan.

The king is dead long live the king.

Hopefully those in front of the keeper will stop making his job so hard.
Hopefully those on here will show some class - not holding my breath on that one.

Completely disagree with that assessment. You are guilty of what you accuse others of re Ryan. I like Sanchez because he inspires confidence in a way that Ryan fails to do. One hesitation to come for a cross does not change that feeling. He has been pretty much faultless since taking over. It does rather come across that you have been waiting for a mistake so you could post what you have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here