Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for Elvis Manu

Irish Gin

Oct 20, 2014
Brighton
Ah, so you're not championing Manu so much as slating Baldock?

No not at all - just a comment in the thread by someone stated that Manu is not a competent finisher............but neither is Baldock. In my opinion, Baldock has had far too many chances now. Everytime he comes on as a sub, do people really think "Glad he is on, he will get us a goal" - ??

I would much prefer to have someone who can run with pace, however clumsy, as something may pull off. Simple as that.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
To be honest, the guy is 23 and he's now in his second season in a new country having come from one of that country's biggest clubs. My biggest concern with him last season was his lack of a football brain. I didn't see either of the cup games (other than the highlights) so it's hard to judge the improvement in him, in this regard, over the summer, but there are physical tools there for him to be a nuisance at Championship level. There must be a reason CH signed him, after all. So I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt when he plays.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
interesting decision giving him offside in our own half excluded.

This is now possible by the way, if a player is in an offside position in the oppositions half, but runs on-side into their own half, the free-kick is taken from where the player touched the ball, not where he was when the ball was played, therefore it can be in their own half.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's about time we gave Elvis another crack. He looks fitter, quicker, stronger than last season and his attitude has improved.

I would much prefer him to Baldock on the bench. He will be great to throw on and will give us more than Baldock. I hope to see him warming up the touchline at Newcastle.

How come amongst Seagulls fans we always have so many Lame Duck fans?

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Song for Elvis to Elvis Presley's Wonder of you

When no one else can understand him
When everything he does is wrong
He gives us hope it's not Mccammon
He still has strength to carry on

He's always there to lend a hand in everything we do
That's the wonder , the wonder of Manu

bobbyc

Aug 9, 2016
On my fifa 16 career mode, i sold elvis to ipswich. He ended up being top goalscorer in the championship.

Therefore, we should keep him!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
3 assists and 2 goals from the bench already this season for Baldock and you want him dropped completely for a guy who may or may not be a footballer?

I'm all for giving credit where it's due, but can we stick to league games for these stats? 3 assists and 2 goals sounds very impressive until you factor in it's lower league opposition.

The league is where it counts, and for that he is at 1 very good assist and a goal that hit him on the way in.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm all for giving credit where it's due, but can we stick to league games for these stats? 3 assists and 2 goals sounds very impressive until you factor in it's lower league opposition.

The league is where it counts, and for that he is at 1 very good assist and a goal that hit him on the way in.

This. Completely This.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Think you are confusing him with Lua Lua

I thought Elvis looked sharp, easily out sprinted the Oxford defenders a number of times and wasn't offside as much (interesting decision giving him offside in our own half excluded). On another night he could have had 4 or 5 goals, there keeper saved well an number of times.

BUT it was against a relatively poor team

Agree with you. If anyone's attitude was to be questioned it was LuaLua who was flapping his arms, kicking the ball away etc. I felt sorry for Manu, he's the new joke figure with people taking the piss out of him. I remember when everyone used to slag off Murray for always being offside and being lazy. There's a need to pigion hole players in such a way. You could see how desperate he was to do well and how much he wanted to score. I fully understand the lack of confidence and belief in him as he's been here a year and had no impact on the first team but he's nowhere near as bad as some like to make out. It's hurt him that he's not really a wide midfielder who can play in a 4-4-2 but neither is he a central striker. He's an advanced wide man for a 4-3-3/4-5-1 shape and we just don't play that way.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
This is a comedy thread right? Baldock shows against weaker opposition that's he's on another level. Scores the first goal, important goal, does everything he does for the team too.

Manu shows he is the opposition level and people say why not throw him in against Newcastle?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

He hasn't scored in the league. He's had 0 starts and 8 sub apperances totalling 129 minutes on the pitch.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
So your first paragraph is correct when read in isolation however we are starting from rock bottom so it wad almost impossible not to see any improvement.
It would be great if it happened but I wont be holding my breathe.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It's about time we gave Elvis another crack. He looks fitter, quicker, stronger than last season and his attitude has improved.

I would much prefer him to Baldock on the bench. He will be great to throw on and will give us more than Baldock. I hope to see him warming up the touchline at Newcastle.

Baldock has got better (quicker) as well. Within a 20% chance of scoring, think of Baldock as a deep lying number 10 and then his low strike rate is not so bad.

I hope we keep Manu as I see him as a speed merchant on the bench right now. Depends on the opposition whether he or Baldock should come on, or Lualua, or Jamie Murphy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here