Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for a vote of confidence in Oscar - In or OUT ?

Oscar IN or out ?

• In

Votes: 267 90.8%
  • Out

Votes: 27 9.2%

• Total voters

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Another transfer window in July / August like we have just had, and I suspect this question will be null and void anyway.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Come on now Ernest. I actually found you funny at times last season, but you've really slipped since then. Are you even trying any more?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Where's the fence option?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Who do you think forced him to pick the flapper then ? As far as I can see only Oscar can take the blame / credit for the team selected.

It'll probably be blamed on Jones.

Apologies to Mustafa if that wasn't the suggestion but it seems to be the current thinking that Jones wields all the power at the club, for reasons I really can't fathom.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oscar ****ed up by naming Brez in the first team in the biggest game in years... but something tells me that wasn't completely his decision....
The biggest game in years was last May. And of course it was Oscar's decision to play Brez, who the **** do you think our manager is?

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
He probably told Brez and the players at the start of the Cup campaign that it was his job throughout the run

If this is right - and he changes now - it risks losing the confidence and respect of the whole squad.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
it seems to be the current thinking that Jones wields all the power at the club, for reasons I really can't fathom.

Maybe the way he talks at pre/post match interviews?
Maybe because more than 1 of the transfers in are "known" to him?
Maybe because he spends as much time in the tech area as OG?

I just can't warm to the bloke and not just for his antics of yesteryear, but maybe others are seeing even more than these things?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Honour the two year contract both ways. He does not seemed to have earned a new contract quite yet.

We don't want to be like Palace, Cardiff, Swansea, Blackburn, West Brom etc !!!

or like Newcastle !!!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Oscar is being seriously hampered in his job by the interference of Burke & Jones, if they pissed off I'm sure it would be a totally different ball game.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Oscar is hardly going out on a limb playing his #2 goalkeeper in the FA Cup. Everyone does. Hull did and Gus did last season. Call it "premier league ready" if you like.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Oscar is being seriously hampered in his job by the interference of Burke & Jones, if they pissed off I'm sure it would be a totally different ball game.

Albion's Head of Football Operations started work at the Albion in Jan 2012. He's supported the manager, along with his scouts, in finding and being behind the transfers of Ulloa, Orlandi, Bruno, Lopez, Crofts, Ward, Bridge, Andrews, Hammond, Dobbie, Stephens, Agustien, and Obika but also a whole bunch of other players that we don't know about that presumably Gus or Oscar didn't think fitted into the team. Not 100% success but given our budget, competition a pretty good strike rate.

OG could have insisted on bringing his own #2 but the club identified a young successful English coach who also spoke Spanish and had considerable experience of the Championship and Tony Bloom sold the club to him.

But clearly its all David Burke's fault.
Its clearly all Nathan Jones fault.

that we're a few points off the play offs with a game in hand, 15 or so games to go and still on track to make our 2nd best finish in 30 years.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Can someone please remove the poll rights for [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] just for a bit? Until he calms down and makes a sensible poll contribution.

These inane questions just clutter up the site. He's like a friendly fire troll.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Albion's Head of Football Operations started work at the Albion in Jan 2012. He's supported the manager, along with his scouts, in finding and being behind the transfers of Ulloa, Orlandi, Bruno, Lopez, Crofts, Ward, Bridge, Andrews, Hammond, Dobbie, Stephens, Agustien, and Obika but also a whole bunch of other players that we don't know about that presumably Gus or Oscar didn't think fitted into the team. Not 100% success but given our budget, competition a pretty good strike rate.

OG could have insisted on bringing his own #2 but the club identified a young successful English coach who also spoke Spanish and had considerable experience of the Championship and Tony Bloom sold the club to him.

But clearly its all David Burke's fault.
Its clearly all Nathan Jones fault.

that we're a few points off the play offs with a game in hand, 15 or so games to go and still on track to make our 2nd best finish in 30 years.

Can I suggest that we all just copy this post to our desktops and then just cut and paste it in as a reply every time Ernest, Midgettwit or whomever asks the tired question as to whether the management (that are challenging for a playoff place) should go?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

A lot of that is supposition. We don't know that Oscar could have insisted on his own No 2, maybe it was the compromise he needed to make in order to get into English football at a decent standard.

Not sure that NJ can yet be regarded as a successful coach, and he definitely doesn't have experience of the Championship ... he does speak Spanish though!

Fact is none of us know the chemistry between the 2 and how it's working out. I guess those on his case are just looking for answers to some of the tactical, selection and formation "oddities" that they see, and there aren't too many places to look

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here