Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for a supporters trust ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Bearing in mind the clubs need for finances, the amazing efforts the Falmer For All people have put in and the throwing around of ideas on this board for fund raising -

Has the creation of a supporters trust been considered ? or is something in the pipeline ?

You can't separate the lack of finances for the push for Falmer, but I feel that if one existed that it would be best placed to coordinate initiatives such as this and communicate with the fans.

Maybe counteract some of the fears that the latest announcement has caused...

Any views ?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I agree too , this would probably be the only circumstance that I will donate. Someone would have to be appointed as a kind of spokesperson wouldn't they. It would have to be someone not too involved with the club and that would count out the usual front runners from NSC as I feel they are a little too close and tend to give club spin.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
munster monch said:
I agree too , this would probably be the only circumstance that I will donate. Someone would have to be appointed as a kind of spokesperson wouldn't they. It would have to be someone not too involved with the club and that would count out the usual front runners from NSC as I feel they are a little too close and tend to give club spin.

I could do it then. I'm well seperated and I hate the Albion if truth be told.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I raised the idea of a supporters trust about six months ago.

I spoke to one or two 'informed' people of here and decided to give the idea a miss. Mainly because I didn't want to tread on the toes of the 'supporters club'.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Posted this on another thread, but this seems a better place for it...

Here's how ManUre fans go about it. No matter what you may think of that club, well worth opening the link to see how their fans act as a pool of small independent shareholders for the benefit of their club.

Shareholders United

Bit of food for thought in there.

Last edited:

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
Biscuit said:

I spoke to one or two 'informed' people of here and decided to give the idea a miss. Mainly because I didn't want to tread on the toes of the 'supporters club'.

When we had a Supporters Trust in 1992 to get back to The Valley it was the Supporters Club that kinda arranged it and organised it all.

DOn't your Suporters Club want to be involved then?? Seems silly if they don't

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Biscuit said:

Well all bets are off now aren't they? Stamp on as many toes as you like biscuit, I think it's an excellent idea and like rool says it needs to be run be people who aren't (currently) close to the club.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I may be wide of the mark but I get the impression that the official supporters club is a little elitist and does not hold NSC in very high regard.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Thanks.

I will speak to the prime suspects.

I was aiming for a group which basically, dealt with the redys sent in from different fund raisers, a committe to re assure the fans with what is exactly going on, from a non biased view point. We currently hear either the club, or the NIMBYS neither of which I decide to take at face value.

It has worked at other club and had got very good help from a group of Oxford fans who do a simaliar thing.

Will see what we can do.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Biscuit said:
Thanks.

I will speak to the prime suspects.

I was aiming for a group which basically, dealt with the redys sent in from different fund raisers, a committe to re assure the fans with what is exactly going on, from a non biased view point. We currently hear either the club, or the NIMBYS neither of which I decide to take at face value.

It has worked at other club and had got very good help from a group of Oxford fans who do a simaliar thing.

Will see what we can do.

I suspose you're aware of this ?

http://www.supporters-direct.org/englandwales/index.htm

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
As said elsewhere on other threads this is a good idea, whoever was to run such a thing would definately need to be independent and I agree with the previous post that the usual names from NSC are too close to the club and at times appear to be apologists for it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Biscuit said:

The supporters club should welcome the idea.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
munster monch said:
I may be wide of the mark but I get the impression that the official supporters club is a little elitist and does not hold NSC in very high regard.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong

I think your right, official clubs are often a bit on the limp side

not like this quality bunch of misfits :clap2:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Biscuit said:
Yes I am. Its on my favourites for when I was researching the possibility several months ago.

:lolol: you'd like to think so.

Come on then get your a$rse in gear :lolol:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
On National Falmer Day I bumped into a guy who is chair of the Scottish Supporters Trusts as a number of their league clubs are under threat – Clydebank and Airdrie have already gone under.
He gave me some info, a leaflet and contact details which I passed to Tim Carder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here