Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for a poll on Henderson's transfer request.

If you were Henderson, what would you do.

• Stay at the club, knowing that if you mange to win your place back, you will no doubt lose it the ne

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • Knowing your position will never be safe as long as your in your countries squad, ask to leave

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • Think I must put the club I left a premiership club for 9 months ago(abeit in the knowledge I would

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Sit on a fence and hope it don't fall over.

Votes: 16 26.2%

• Total voters

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think any Henderson 'abuse' there was about (and it was no more than a handful of people) were doing it (a) because they are f***ing brainless, (b) it was a way of getting at McGhee and (c) because they believe Kuipers should have been playing. If Kuipers wasn't at the club, there would have been no booing because Henderson would have been considered acceptable.

Not that I am trying to justify these dickheads' behaviour for one second, but it was a pro-Kuipers reaction, rather than an anti-Henderson one.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Don't agree with any of the options, and yet I'm not sitting on the fence.

If I was Henderson ....

I'd stay and fight for my place. If the manager doesn't think I'm good enough then I need to know why, so that I need to know what parts of my game I need to work on to make me a better goalkeeper.

I would NOT flounce off, and say "well I don't want to play with you anyway." as I left that sort of behaviour behind in the school playground.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Get out of here fast.

Why stay when you get constant abuse because you've dared to take the place of an ageing, injury prone, hollywood shotstopper, whose kicking is as accurate as an archer with glaucoma?

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The Large One said:
I think any Henderson 'abuse' there was about (and it was no more than a handful of people) were doing it (a) because they are f***ing brainless, (b) it was a way of getting at McGhee and (c) because they believe Kuipers should have been playing. If Kuipers wasn't at the club, there would have been no booing because Henderson would have been considered acceptable.

Not that I am trying to justify these dickheads' behaviour for one second, but it was a pro-Kuipers reaction, rather than an anti-Henderson one.

bit harsh when Henderson cost us loads last year and is continuing to make the same errors this season which have cost us (in between some great saves)

The Kuipers arguement is a seperate thing surely , and he is not without fault either

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
If Henderson can't handle a bit of competition, he should leave. But he will probably find that the same thing will happen to him whichever club he goes to.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
perth seagull said:
If Henderson can't handle a bit of competition, he should leave. But he will probably find that the same thing will happen to him whichever club he goes to.

handle competition !?! Hnederson can't even handle a shot of any description let alone handle sycholgical warfare

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
London Irish said:
But why would anyone vote in any NSC poll if everyone took that fine attitude :jester:

The only circumstance I would have reluctantly backed Hendo putting in a request is if, after a long converstion with Staunton, he was told that constant reserve football would lead to him being dropped from the Irish squad. I can't believe that would have been after one game but it's credible that it could have been after a certain number of games.

worryingly. i think that may actually the case

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
garry nelsons left foot said:
How about:

Should Henderson have put in a transfer request?

Yes....

No....

Or how about:

What would you do if you were Henderson?

Put in a transfer request ASAP.

Wait for a few weeks to see how things settle down

Fight for his place.

They're slightly less biased options aren't they?

The polls shit? Maybe it is. Everyones entitled to their view. But I can guarantee you 100% Henderson handed in a request, not BECAUSE he was DROPPED, but HOW he was dropped, and I think the fact people say the polls shit because the biased in the answers is towards Henderson speaks for itself really.

Your options would be 100% spot on, if he was dropped under normal circumstances. As i said before I'd be against him if he was just dropped and acted in this way. But I'm 100% with him for what he's done. If I was in his position I'd demand to go on the list, and I bleed blue and white blood.

The answers are the truth, Henderson wants out because he got dropped while away on international duty, not just because he was dropped.

I'm sure if he played against Millwall and was then dropped for lack of form, this situation would not have arose.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Mr Burns said:
The polls shit? Maybe it is. Everyones entitled to their view. But I can guarantee you 100% Henderson handed in a request, not BECAUSE he was DROPPED, but HOW he was dropped, and I think the fact people say the polls shit because the biased in the answers is towards Henderson speaks for itself really.

Your options would be 100% spot on, if he was dropped under normal circumstances. As i said before I'd be against him if he was just dropped and acted in this way. But I'm 100% with him for what he's done. If I was in his position I'd demand to go on the list, and I bleed blue and white blood.

The answers are the truth, Henderson wants out because he got dropped while away on international duty, not just because he was dropped.

I'm sure if he played against Millwall and was then dropped for lack of form, this situation would not have arose.

But that's the trouble. You can say that you can guarantee he handed his request in because of HOW he was dropped and not because he was dropped, but how are we supposed to believe you? This is just a message board. It's faceless. Most people don't know each other. So it's difficult to believe if someone says that they can guarantee something 100%. I don't want you to think I'm calling you a liar, just that every 'fact' has to be taken with a pinch of salt because there's no way of checking the veracity of a statement. Which means, I believe, that in an emotive poll like this that the options should be as neutral as possible.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
jonny.rainbow said:
Get out of here fast.

Why stay when you get constant abuse because you've dared to take the place of an ageing, injury prone, hollywood shotstopper, whose kicking is as accurate as an archer with glaucoma?

:clap: :clap:

and then when kuipers gets his annual injury in a few games time, we will be stuck up shit creek without a paddle

Lord Bracknell said:
Where's the option for ... Wait until Kuipers gets a recurrence of his shoulder injury and look forward to being recalled to the team for the Carlisle match?

That would be a great option but events look like they have already spun too far out of control.

As far as Hendo is concerned, the fans hate him, the manager doesn't even want him in the 16, and if he bought a copy of the Argus today, he now sees the chairman criticise in about the strongest terms I've ever heard Dick Knight ever publically criticise a player.

Is there genuinely a way back from all that?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
London Irish said:
As far as Hendo is concerned, the fans hate him, the manager doesn't even want him in the 16, and if he bought a copy of the Argus today, he now sees the chairman criticise in about the strongest terms I've ever heard Dick Knight ever publically criticise a player

i think it is best for his career that he leaves the club now. their is no point in staying here. well i am totally for the keep the shiert policy, i am damn certain that had it been the other way round and kuipers had of been the one going away on international duty and coming back to the bench, their would of been out cry

nobody wants to stay somewhere were they are not wanted, not least because they dared to get recognised by their country as being one of their top goalkeepers, and because they dared to replace a man who can seemingly do no wrong

The Large One said:
I think any Henderson 'abuse' there was about (and it was no more than a handful of people)
If it was only a handful, Hendo wouldn't have heard it. But you are right, people abused him because he was seen as McGhee's boy whereas Kuipers became a hero/martyr for the McGhee Out brigade. Well, now the abusers get two exits for the price of one - and sadly I'm sure it will be more than a handful who will be very happy about both.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
If it was only a handful, Hendo wouldn't have heard it. But you are right, people abused him because he was seen as McGhee's boy. Well, now the abusers get two exits for the price of one - and sadly I'm sure it will be more than a handful who will be very happy about both.

Disagree, you know my stance on both

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
London Irish said:
If it was only a handful, Hendo wouldn't have heard it. But you are right, people abused him because he was seen as McGhee's boy whereas Kuipers became a hero/martyr for the McGhee Out brigade. Well, now the abusers get two exits for the price of one - and sadly I'm sure it will be more than a handful who will be very happy about both.
Maybe for the moment they'll be happy, but this will come back to bite them later in the season.

I for one will be picking holes in Kuipers from now until he leaves the club. As a goalkeeper myself, for me there was no comparison in the two keepers. Henderson was the better goalkeeper by a country mile. Granted, his form wasn't the best, but thats hardly surprising when the crowd are on your back, and your trying to hold down your first number one slot in your career, your your only 22.

Kuipers will now hold the shirt, with absolutely no competition for it. The club will not sign a back up unless (or more more to the point ,until) Kuipers gets injured. I think we may see a dip in form for Kuipers. Yes he can make class saves, every goalkeeper does, but theres a lot more wrong with his game than is right.

When Kuipers gets injured again, we will sign a replacement on loan, who will then show Kuipers up as the averge goalkeeper he is.
Why do Kuipers fans think Ben Roberts, and then Wayne Henderson came in for him, and then signed and became the new number one with Kuipers as back up?

Why do you think no clubs came in with an offer during the summer for him?

Maybe because to a football manager, he not as good as loyalty blinded fans think he is?

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Mr Burns said:
Maybe for the monet they'll be happy, but this will come back to bit them later in the season.

I for one will be picking holes in Kuipers from now until he leaves the club. As a goalkeeper myself, for me there was no comparison in the two keepers. Henderson was the better goalkeeper by a country mile. Granted, his form wasn't the best, but thats hardly surprising when the crowd are on your back, and your trying to hold down your first number one slot in your career, your your only 22.

Kuipers will now hold the shirt, with absolutely no competition for it. The club will not sign a back up unless (or more more to the point ,until) Kuipers gets injured. I think we may see a dip in form for Kuipers. Yes he can make class saves, every goalkeeper does, but theres a lot more wrong with his game than is right.

When Kuipers gets injured again, we will sign a replacement on loan, who will then show Kuipers up as the averge goalkeeper he is.
Why do Kuipers fans think Ben Roberts, and then Wayne Henderson came in for him, and then signed and became the new number one with Kuipers as back up?

Why do you think no clubs came in with an offer during the summer for him?

Maybe because to a football manager, he not as good as loyalty blinded fans think he is?

Summed it up well

An Engand u21 manager and a current Premiership manager didnt rate Kuipers

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
Summed it up well

An Engand u21 manager and a current Premiership manager didnt rate Kuipers

sums it up perfectly - but obviously the fact michel made some outstanding saves 5 years ago speaks otherwise

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here