Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for a poll on Henderson's transfer request.

If you were Henderson, what would you do.

• Stay at the club, knowing that if you mange to win your place back, you will no doubt lose it the ne

Votes: 15 24.6%
  • Knowing your position will never be safe as long as your in your countries squad, ask to leave

Votes: 26 42.6%
  • Think I must put the club I left a premiership club for 9 months ago(abeit in the knowledge I would

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Sit on a fence and hope it don't fall over.

Votes: 16 26.2%

• Total voters

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Right following a lengthy debate on this subject, it's gotta be time for a poll. I'll be as fair as I can.

What would you do?

You are the first choice keeper at a football club.

Granted your not on top form but you still manage to get called up for international duty.

You can play for your country, or sit on the bench in this case, as you have to do.

You return to your club, and find that you have lost your place.

Now bearing in mind it can take a goalkeeper the best part of the season to win the shirt back.

And bearing in mind that the club have now set a pressadent (spell check) for players on international duty, i.e. don't keep your place open for you,

What would you do?

Forgot about timing, we only heard about it today so he could have handed in a request yesterday.

Would you..........

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I voted for number 4.

Numbers 1 & 2 have speeling mistakes, and number 3 I can't understand.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Everest said:
I voted for number 4.

Numbers 1 & 2 have speeling mistakes, and number 3 I can't understand.
Number three says put the Albion before his career......... (even though he knew he'd never play for Villa)
I no of the speeling miskates but cannot edit it. Sorry

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The questions in this poll are so f***ing contrived towards your own opinion of the situation, its not even worth bothering with.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Easy 10 said:
The questions in this poll are so f***ing contrived towards your own opinion of the situation, its not even worth bothering with.
I cannot see another way of putting it. Do you not agree that if Henderson wins his place back, gets called up, he runs the risk of losing his place again?

What do you disagree with below then?

You are the first choice keeper at a football club.

Granted your not on top form but you still manage to get called up for international duty.

You can play for your country, or sit on the bench in this case, as you have to do.

You return to your club, and find that you have lost your place.

Now bearing in mind it can take a goalkeeper the best part of the season to win the shirt back.

And bearing in mind that the club have now set a pressadent (spell check) for players on international duty, i.e. don't keep your place open for you,

What would you do?

Forgot about timing, we only heard about it today so he could have handed in a request yesterday.

Would you..........

Last edited:

Easy 10 said:

But why would anyone vote in any NSC poll if everyone took that fine attitude :jester:

The only circumstance I would have reluctantly backed Hendo putting in a request is if, after a long converstion with Staunton, he was told that constant reserve football would lead to him being dropped from the Irish squad. I can't believe that would have been after one game but it's credible that it could have been after a certain number of games.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Mr Burns said:
I cannot see another way of putting it.

How about:

Should Henderson have put in a transfer request?

Yes....

No....

Or how about:

What would you do if you were Henderson?

Put in a transfer request ASAP.

Wait for a few weeks to see how things settle down

Fight for his place.

They're slightly less biased options aren't they?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Kinky Gerbils said:
So if Lynch gets a u19 call up again he can expect a spel on the bench?

For England?

Or the Albion?

If the Albion then I'd suggest it's unlikely he'll be on the bench when he returns. There are technically three positions he can play so it's HIGHLY unlikely that he'll be dropped to the bench.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
garry nelsons left foot said:
For England?

Or the Albion?

If the Albion then I'd suggest it's unlikely he'll be on the bench when he returns. There are technically three positions he can play so it's HIGHLY unlikely that he'll be dropped to the bench.

England

D

Deleted member 2719

Easy 10 said:

As he said.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Worst poll ever? :shootself

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Can we have a poll on whether this poll is
a) pants
b) baffling
c) biased
d) all of the above

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
e) knuckle down , get errors out my game which made me get dropped

yes he was international duty , but he's costed us big time this season , that is the reason i believe kuipers is in the team. . .who incidently could of done better last night

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think it is a fair reflection of the situation. It is good to have some pro Henderson bias on here for once rather than the one eyed Kuipers brigade who think he is perfect and Henderson is useless and abuse him every time he plays at Withdean!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here