Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for a good 'PC gone mad' thread

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Since this officer asked to be moved from his place of duty I'm thinking now that maybe I should have asked my superiors to be re-assigned on the dozens of occasions this year when I have had to police demonstrations, conferences, guard paedophiles from attack and deal with other situations that have gone against my own beliefs, conflicted with my personal opinion or otherwise not conformed with my own religious, moral or social beliefs. Alternatively, the officer concerned could have just done what I and thousands like me do on a daily basis and GOT ON WITH HIS f***ing DUTY.

One of the basic tenets of being a Police Officer is that we are supposed to be impartial and our personal situations and beliefs are put to one side to allow us to serve the people. I see no difference here, if anything they should have kept the muslim officer at his post in order to demonstrate that politics and religious sectarianism have no impact on which police officers are chosen to do their job.

I can just see it now, "Guvnor, can i be excused from policing the Smash EDO protest at Home Farm this week?", "Why's that then?", "Well, they make bomb releases for aircraft and the bombs kill little kiddies and being a father of young kids myself I just couldn't live with myself if I am seen outside the factory gates almost endorsing their products with my protection", "Just get on the f***ing van"!!!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
XooX said:
Since this officer asked to be moved from his place of duty I'm thinking now that maybe I should have asked my superiors to be re-assigned on the dozens of occasions this year when I have had to police demonstrations, conferences, guard paedophiles from attack and deal with other situations that have gone against my own beliefs, conflicted with my personal opinion or otherwise not conformed with my own religious, moral or social beliefs. Alternatively, the officer concerned could have just done what I and thousands like me do on a daily basis and GOT ON WITH HIS f***ing DUTY.

One of the basic tenets of being a Police Officer is that we are supposed to be impartial and our personal situations and beliefs are put to one side to allow us to serve the people. I see no difference here, if anything they should have kept the muslim officer at his post in order to demonstrate that politics and religious sectarianism have no impact on which police officers are chosen to do their job.

I can just see it now, "Guvnor, can i be excused from policing the Smash EDO protest at Home Farm this week?", "Why's that then?", "Well, they make bomb releases for aircraft and the bombs kill little kiddies and being a father of young kids myself I just couldn't live with myself if I am seen outside the factory gates almost endorsing their products with my protection", "Just get on the f***ing van"!!!

I am all for respecting peoples beliefs but that is a f***ing great post. :clap: :clap:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
XooX said:

Or can I please not be involved in policing the Albion rally at the Lib Dem conference, because I WANT them to storm the building and kill Baker and Bellotti.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
XooX said:

Yeah ok - but was it not simply in everyone's interest just to give him a diferent job to do? His wife comes from the Lebanon - a country that was being bombed by Israel at the time. I've always been under the impression that one of the strengths of the police force is that, as well as being superb professionals, they are human too. That sort of thing is going to put him and the Israeli officials he was protecting in an awkward spot, especially if things had gone wrong. It's not a simple "pc gone mad" issue and I'm sure the officer in question would have done their job professionally. But it just makes sense for them to have done what they did at the time - so common sense AND PC at the same time? That was clearly too complicated for the gutter press to digest.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
XooX said:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I have to agree with Les here, top post. But what are you doing on NSC talking sense? There's proper places for that y'know.

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
All of the curry houses round here don't seem to have stopped money making by selling lunches during Ramadam, and I imagine many of their cooks/waiters etc are muslim. Some people try it on a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here