Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Lovejoy - TOSSER

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
He's mates with all the England players so he's hardly going to slag his cronies off on the radio. He is an arse licking twat with a very high opinion of himself.

The only decent assessment tonight came from John Terry on ITV who stated the blinding obvious.

We are embarrassing.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Does he still laugh at all his own crap jokes and does he still do that really annoying "ummmmmmm" at the end of each other sentence?

Does a fox like a nice fresh portion of chicken?

ps Love Izzy Clark though :love:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
His knowledge of football is shit, however, he's still a good TV presenter. He was the main writer of Soccer AM for ten years, it got millions of viewers each week and his bubbbly, though arrogant character, could be taken with a pinch of salt. Enjoyable to watch, bollocks when it comes to talking football.

Not even live football on Sky routinely gets "millions of viewers"..

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
He's mates with all the England players so he's hardly going to slag his cronies off on the radio. He is an arse licking twat with a very high opinion of himself.

The only decent assessment tonight came from John Terry on ITV who stated the blinding obvious.

We are embarrassing.

Spot on,Lovejoy is mates with half the team.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
You have to remember that on radio phone in shows they pretty much always have one presenter with a very controversial view just to ensure lots of phone calls.

You're right but, if you've read his book, you'll know they're his real opinions.

He was ok on Soccer AM, because he didn't talk about actual football.

I honestly believe he's the football anti-christ.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Steve Claridge's problem is that he thinks that the only people worthy of being a football pundit are those that have played the game professionally. I have heard him be very dismissive of other opinions just because they haven't played professionally. He might have played for a long time but most of that wasn't at the top level. He might have been a manager but not particularly successful at that. There are plenty of supporters who watch football for decades and don't have a clue but equally there are plenty who do.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Tim Lovejoy is a shit presenter. You may like him. You may hate him, it is of no consequence. He is a shit presenter. Fact.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Lovejoy is mates with half the team, so gone are the days when you'll hear him having a go at them, because he doesn't want to lose his invite to Frank Lampard's celebrity birthday party.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Barring the return of Baker 5 live is going to pot. The Monday night club has been excellent for the past year. Claridge, Parlour, Waddle & Collymore all had opinions that were worth listening to. Now what have they done? John f***ing Motson.

As for Lovejoy. Well that extract from his autobiography along the lines of ‘I gave up supporting Watford and went to Chelsea because they were successful’ sums him up. I’d never listen to one of his witless, pointless phone ins as it’s a few hours of my life that I would never get back and the content is entirely predictable before it even starts.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I used to like him because he has the image of a likeable everyman - but when you see that he's a Chelsea fan and hear comments like "I know the England players very well" I stop being interested. He doesn't really appear to have ANYTHING to say tonight - he's defending the players as well as praising Capello.

Izzy Clarke is SO much more intelligent on football and is a Peterborough fan, why doesn't Lovejoy shut up and let her take over. Even better, promote Claridge from the poor sod who gets the phone in when the Premiershite isn't on - he's not the greatest personality but he's a pretty knowledgable guy.

To be honest though, Lovejoy is nothing compared to the gaping void of talent or intelligence that is Spoony. ARGH I hate that fool.

Spot on:thumbsup:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Agree with that, i heard him on the radio and all he was talking about was "Man U, Chelsea, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool etc etc"

exactly, I think whoever said he doesn't know alot about football is slighty wrong - but his knowledge of lower division football is slim to nil - much like most of the Premiership fans really , working with Helen Chamberlain helped because she dealt with that mostly whilst he did the whole Serie A, La Liga and Premiership stuff

for what it's worth his book is very much worth a read.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
The only fact is that Soccer AM is a poorer show without him in it.

I don't argue this point BUT...

It could also be said that the two male presenters that have followed him have been poorer than Lovejoy

plus losing the likes of Fenners, Sheephead, Robbie Knox and co didn't help..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here