Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Lovejoy - TOSSER

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Just listening to 5 live now - all the callers ringing in SLATING the team and management.

Lovejoy is defending the players. Ignorant idiot, getting arsey with the callers, sticking up for the team. MUPPET! How does he have a job on radio?

:tosser:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Does he still laugh at all his own crap jokes and does he still do that really annoying "ummmmmmm" at the end of each other sentence?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Defending the players?... Well, he did once call himself a comedy genius...

"Did you hear Joe Cole? They really want this, they are really trying, they're a good bunch"

FOOL. He's so wrong he's not even funny.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
The man is indeed an arse. Got to close to players. Pathetic remaining ambassador of 90's laddism. Move on, or better still, leave public life altogether.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
i like the bloke, but you don't like him probably becuase he has a personality.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

:yawn: - I don't have Sky, but what i've seen of Soccer AM has been quite decent.

However, he's a total DICK on radio.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Lovejoy is the archetypal "Sky" football fan, I despise everything about him.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
I quite like him.

I think, looking at it as a Premiership fan, he is going to be slightly more supportive of the England team than perhaps League 1 fans who value (it would seem on here) mostly value hard-work over skills etc.

Also, if Joe Cole, John Terry, Frank Lampard et al were Brighton players then most of the people on NSC would be leaping to their defence.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You're right, personally I dislike him because he has the personality of a smug, egotistical, sychophantic wanker despite the fact he is utterly talentless humanoid banality.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
Rather odd statement. A personality makes someone likeable and a subject for envy. Don't get out much, do you?

A personality doesn't have to make you popular. You can hate someone becuase they may be completely different to you.

Oh and my social life doesnt involve you sweetheart.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He's just cut someone off for arguing his point that Capello should be working harder on team spirit...and now he's saying Heskey was good.
Knob

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I used to like him because he has the image of a likeable everyman - but when you see that he's a Chelsea fan and hear comments like "I know the England players very well" I stop being interested. He doesn't really appear to have ANYTHING to say tonight - he's defending the players as well as praising Capello.

Izzy Clarke is SO much more intelligent on football and is a Peterborough fan, why doesn't Lovejoy shut up and let her take over. Even better, promote Claridge from the poor sod who gets the phone in when the Premiershite isn't on - he's not the greatest personality but he's a pretty knowledgable guy.

To be honest though, Lovejoy is nothing compared to the gaping void of talent or intelligence that is Spoony. ARGH I hate that fool.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I used to like him because he has the image of a likeable everyman - but when you see that he's a Chelsea fan and hear comments like "I know the England players very well" I stop being interested. He doesn't really appear to have ANYTHING to say tonight - he's defending the players as well as praising Capello.

Izzy Clarke is SO much more intelligent on football and is a Peterborough fan, why doesn't Lovejoy shut up and let her take over. Even better, promote Claridge from the poor sod who gets the phone in when the Premiershite isn't on - he's not the greatest personality but he's a pretty knowledgable guy.

To be honest though, Lovejoy is nothing compared to the gaping void of talent or intelligence that is Spoony. ARGH I hate that fool.

A fairly accurate summary that is. The phone-in in general is becoming a bit of a joke, although as you say, Claridge is interesting to listen to now and again because he's actually speaking sense from a position of experience.

Roll on Danny Baker on 16th September - just a shame he doesn't do "slate the team" phone-ins every now and then. He's a PROPER fan, has reasonable opinions and is also FUNNY.
:)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
A personality doesn't have to make you popular. You can hate someone becuase they may be completely different to you.

Oh and my social life doesnt involve you sweetheart.

Sooo....why would the fact that Lovejoy has (in your opinion) a personality mean that you would like him and others wouldn't? It was the reason you gave, after all.

And no need to get so precious, honeybunny. I couldn't give a fig about your social life. Sorry.

A fairly accurate summary that is. The phone-in in general is becoming a bit of a joke, although as you say, Claridge is interesting to listen to now and again because he's actually speaking sense from a position of experience.

Roll on Danny Baker on 16th September - just a shame he doesn't do "slate the team" phone-ins every now and then. He's a PROPER fan, has reasonable opinions and is also FUNNY.
:)

Aye agreed. I also don't mind Alan Green (although I'm sure many on here do). He may be annoying and opinionated, but at least he knows something about football. Spoony and Lovejoy are crap; I don't understand why radio 5 went down the 'celebrity' avenue rather than a good football man. Hell I'd rather have Mark Pougatch (sp.).

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
His knowledge of football is shit, however, he's still a good TV presenter. He was the main writer of Soccer AM for ten years, it got millions of viewers each week and his bubbbly, though arrogant character, could be taken with a pinch of salt. Enjoyable to watch, bollocks when it comes to talking football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here