Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Howard just scored for Everton

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Everton goal: For once, this is not a typo from me, Tim Howard really has netted for Everton. The goalkeeper swipes a clearance downfield from the edge of his own area, the wind-assisted ball sails down field, bounces a good 30 yards from goal but takes off, clearing Adam Bogdan and finding the net. You have to feel for Bogdan there, that was a freak bounce.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Everton goal: For once, this is not a typo from me, Tim Howard really has netted for Everton. The goalkeeper swipes a clearance downfield from the edge of his own area, the wind-assisted ball sails down field, bounces a good 30 yards from goal but takes off, clearing Adam Bogdan and finding the net. You have to feel for Bogdan there, that was a freak bounce.

And lets one in 3 minutes later. :lolol:

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
wonder what the odds were of him to get the first goal?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If it had been Brez or Ankers a few here would be having a great moan, possibly the best ever:flounce:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
wonder what the odds were of him to get the first goal?

Don't think betting sites offer odds on the goalkeeper. You would want at least 10,000/1!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Everton 1-2 Bolton now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If it had been Brez or Ankers a few here would be having a great moan, possibly the best ever:flounce:

If it was deliberate, who wants a gloryhunting goalkeeper, always going for the goal instead of playing as a team? If not, who wants a goalkeeper whose distribution is so poor he doesn't account for wind strength and so over-hits balls. Get rid!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm getting a message that due to rights restrictions, highlights can only be viewed on iphone or ipad 3g

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Loads have scored, Alex Stepney comes to mind from a few decades ago, think one has scored in one of the English pro league this season? Just said 4 keepers have scored in the Prem on SS1.

Andrew

May 15, 2008
Sussex
Rogerio Ceni (Brazilian goal keeper) recently past 100 goals... GKs do score more than people think.

Not saying it wasn't brilliant but even he knew it was a fluke, didn't even celebrate.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Paul Robinson scored for spurs, it was a free kick but from helluva distance. I think he also scored for Leeds as well.

It was in a Premier League game against Watford. Has a goalie ever scored in a game involving the Albion? I've been going since '72 & it hasn't happened in my time.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
It was in a Premier League game against Watford. Has a goalie ever scored in a game involving the Albion? I've been going since '72 & it hasn't happened in my time.

Was it a league game or a cup game? not that it matters in the slightest :lol:

I only have a year or so on top of you regards watching the Albion, I don't know of any.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here