Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Hardaway - Nice Guy of Basketball

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
"You know, I hate gay people, so I let it be known," Hardaway said. "I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people. I am homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."

Hardaway was a guest of Miami Herald columnist Dan Le Batard on Miami sports radio station WAXY-AM and was asked how he would deal with a gay teammate. When asked if he would accept an active player's coming out, such as that of retired NBA center John Amaechi, Hardaway replied: "First of all, I wouldn't want him on my team.

"And second of all, if he was on my team, I would, you know, really distance myself from him because, uh, I don't think that's right. And you know I don't think he should be in the locker room while we're in the locker room. I wouldn't even be a part of that"

What a closet case.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Frutos said:

Oh come on Frutos he has a point, you gay guys will instantly try to shag any man you see naked. It would be a nightmare in the locker room.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Les Biehn said:
"You know, I hate gay people, so I let it be known," Hardaway said. "I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people. I am homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."

Hardaway was a guest of Miami Herald columnist Dan Le Batard on Miami sports radio station WAXY-AM and was asked how he would deal with a gay teammate. When asked if he would accept an active player's coming out, such as that of retired NBA center John Amaechi, Hardaway replied: "First of all, I wouldn't want him on my team.

"And second of all, if he was on my team, I would, you know, really distance myself from him because, uh, I don't think that's right. And you know I don't think he should be in the locker room while we're in the locker room. I wouldn't even be a part of that"

What a closet case.

Why are American Sports stars UTTER WANKERS.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I read a great article about John Amaechi over the last week or so, that went on to talk about the incredibly low number of 'out' pro sportsmen. Amaechi made reference to the FA's recent anti-homophobic stance.

It was a good and thought-provoking read.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Barrel of Fun said:
Without wishing to delve too deeply into this, what makes someone 'turn out' to be homophobic? Is it upbringing? What is it?

Do you think they experimented at college? 'All the other guys were trying it, I thought it would feel wrong but it didn't. Finally I got the guts to tell my parents who I am but they have supported me all the way'.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Les Biehn said:
Do you think they experimented at college? 'All the other guys were trying it, I thought it would feel wrong but it didn't. Finally I got the guts to tell my parents who I am but they have supported me all the way'.

:D Possibly. I think it must spawn from ignorance AND religion.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
'Injured Philadelphia 76ers forward Shavlik Randolph acknowledged it's a new situation.

"As long as you don't bring your gayness on me, I'm fine," Randolph said. "As far as business-wise, I'm sure I could play with him, but I think it would create a little awkwardness in the locker room."'

"Bring your gayness on me"? :ohmy:

Remind me, are we really in 2007?? :rolleyes:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Les Biehn said:

What a closet case.

You know when someone tries that little bit too hard to convince you of something....

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Barrel of Fun said:
Without wishing to delve too deeply into this, what makes someone 'turn out' to be homophobic? Is it upbringing? What is it?
PROBABLY BECAUSE THEY'RE GAY THEMSELVES oops cap lock.....anyhoo, they know theyre gay and dont like it

or something :shrug:

men who are comfortable with their sexuality wouldnt give a f***

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
You just know that in the next match he plays, the opposition will be touching his arse and whispering sweet nothings in his ear.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmm, go back 40 years and it was probably acceptable for the mainly white population of America's sports teams to make disparaging comments about black sportsmen breaking through.

"I don't like black people, and I don't like to be around black people. I am racist. They shouldn't be in the world or the United States. And second of all, if a black man was on my team, I would, you know, really distance myself from him, because, uh, I don't think it's right. And you know I don't think he should even be in the locker room while the white guys are in the locker room. I wouldn't even be a part of that".

Wonder if Hardaway, as a black man, would consider the above acceptable?

What's the difference?

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
edna krabappel said:
Hmmm, go back 40 years and it was probably for the mainly white population of America's sports teams to make disparaging comments about black sportsmen breaking through.

"I don't like black people, and I don't like to be around black people. I am racist. They shouldn't be in the world or the United States. And second of all, if a black man was on my team, I would, you know, really distance myself from him, because, uh, I don't think it's right. And you know I don't think he should even be in the locker room while the white guys are in the locker room. I wouldn't even be a part of that".

What's the difference?

Ones homophobic and the other is racist. You did ask.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
:dunce:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
edna krabappel said:
Hmmm, go back 40 years and it was probably acceptable for the mainly white population of America's sports teams to make disparaging comments about black sportsmen breaking through.

What's the difference?

Rosa Parks will be turning in her grave. Unless she wasn't fighting for unilateral equality, of course.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
John Amaechi is and was a legend of British basketball.

I never knew he was a poo pusher.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here