Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tiger Woods WOBBLES OFF after 9 holes

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Remember all the stick that Sandy Lyle got 2 years ago in the Open for walking off with a suspicious injury ?

That wasn't an injury, he never claimed it to be. It was just raining and a bit windy, he was playing shite, got the hump and minced off. He was about 11 over after 10 holes, but it was the first round of the Open and everyone was struggling with the conditions. Poor show.

Woods, however, IS struggling with injuries as you say.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
That wasn't an injury, he never claimed it to be. It was just raining and a bit windy, he was playing shite, got the hump and minced off. He was about 11 over after 10 holes, but it was the first round of the Open and everyone was struggling with the conditions. Poor show.

Woods, however, IS struggling with injuries as you say.

I must be mis-remembering then, I was sure he (at least initially) claimed it was a recurrence of an old injury, but was, as you say, lots over after 11 in bad conditions. He did get some stick over it though, I'm sure. I played Singing Hills yesterday and I didn't walk off being 10 over through 11.

no time for the bloke recently. His arrogance makes me sick. I suspect he shall blame an injury but hes not stupid... you can hit the ball in practise. you can also play a round or two before you enter the comp. Hes 6 over par walks off and blames the injury. Dont think Seve would have done something like that do you !!

Agree entirely. He may have been a truly great golfer but so many other aspects of his character and personality mean he has no class and golf will not miss him when he's gone - TWAT!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
no time for the bloke recently. His arrogance makes me sick. I suspect he shall blame an injury but hes not stupid... you can hit the ball in practise. you can also play a round or two before you enter the comp. Hes 6 over par walks off and blames the injury. Dont think Seve would have done something like that do you !!
Or alternatively, that's exactly what he is doing with more than half an eye on the US Open at 'his' course in a month.
Quite what Seve has to do with your argument I really don't know.

Agree entirely. He may have been a truly great golfer but so many other aspects of his character and personality mean he has no class and golf will not miss him when he's gone - TWAT!
That really is very sad, esp if I assume, when everyone else thought he was the greatest thing ever, you did too.
Turns out the fella was human.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
I'd be happy at only being six over after nine holes.

Then again, I only play 4-5 rounds a year and my income doesn't depend on golf.

Woods is obviously not fully fit and in his shoes, I would probably have done the same especially if it meant it ensured that I could carry on for a few more years rather than have to retire.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
William Hill refunding stakes on Tiger Woods.

i wonder if bet365 are too. they're pretty skank when it comes to that kind of stuff

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think there is a comparison to be made between Woods and Ballesteros, and it isn't favourable for Tiger. Although Woods was more dominant, they were both rare superstars in that sport. But whereas Woods got more and more arrogant and removed from real life, Ballesteros seemed to retain a 'man of the people' thing. That is not easy, it takes years of cultivating, Woods could never spare the time unless it was a big-money sponsor, and he doesn't appear to have changed much.

Since Ballesteros was mentioned, I know they had a big tournament on, but I find it genuinely incredible that no American PGA representative attended the funeral of such a worldwide legend. They could have all chipped just to send one of them if money was that much of an issue to the multi-millionaires. Very poor, seeing as they all go on about how he made them take up the game.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Since Ballesteros was mentioned, I know they had a big tournament on, but I find it genuinely incredible that no American PGA representative attended the funeral of such a worldwide legend. They could have all chipped just to send one of them if money was that much of an issue to the multi-millionaires. Very poor, seeing as they all go on about how he made them take up the game.

Do you know that there wasn't someone from the USPGA ? The players would not have been able to make it, they are contractually obliged to play at Sawgrass.

As far as the comparision between Tiger and Seve they are reasonable points but I think having been constantly told for 15 years you're the best player there has ever been, anyone would struggle to retain any sense of normality or perspective. Seve never really had that problem, as admired as he was.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
William Hill refunding stakes on Tiger Woods.
In the US he was 17-1, his longest odds since his rookie year.
I'd love to know how much they actually refunded as no serious gambler would have had cash on Tiger @ Sawgrass.
It was a hard enough course on the Megadrive.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think there is a comparison to be made between Woods and Ballesteros, and it isn't favourable for Tiger. Although Woods was more dominant, they were both rare superstars in that sport. But whereas Woods got more and more arrogant and removed from real life, Ballesteros seemed to retain a 'man of the people' thing. That is not easy, it takes years of cultivating, Woods could never spare the time unless it was a big-money sponsor, and he doesn't appear to have changed much.
Not wishing to go all 'Monty Pyton' but I struggle to see any comparison made between Woods and Ballesteros, you've merely highlighted the contradictions.

Seve wasn't even on the same page as Woods when it comes to actually playing the game, sorry grief chasers.
So never had to deal with the same amount of pressure, whether that be brought on by himself, or forced onto him by media/race/upbringing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here