Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Tier Two for most of England

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hastings have a lot to answer for... in life and covid rate that is.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Looks like London will avoid tier 3 this week. Can't imagine the northerners are going to be happy :lolol:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Hastings have a lot to answer for... in life and covid rate that is.

To be fair Hastings had been one of the lowest rates from March through to November. Then came lockdown 2 which was pretty much ignored by too many people and bang the hospitals are now struggling to cope

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
To be fair Hastings had been one of the lowest rates from March through to November. Then came lockdown 2 which was pretty much ignored by too many people and bang the hospitals are now struggling to cope

Tongue was firmly in cheek. Spent a fair amount of time there - definitely had a higher % of rough people than other parts of Sussex :lol: and that isn’t tongue in cheek. If anyone’s ever played Hollington at their ground they’ll know what I mean.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Further North in the Tandridge area our figures have been very low until the last two weeks where we have rocketed up the league table. In Caterham four have had positive tests in my wife's company, five teachers and several pupils with positive tests have forced a school to close. Even in my little company my boss is in isolation as his wife has tested positive.
On Facebook our local MP is trying to justify staying in Tier Two but I just can't see it, I think we have no option but to go into Tier Three next week.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I think it’s not just numbers testing positive it’s also hospital capacity and empty beds available.

Although I may have made that up ?.

You’ve not made that up. It’s a combination of case numbers per 100k, r rate and current hospital capacity. London as an overall region is currently performing pretty badly in the first two metrics, but has a fair chunk of hospital capacity at the moment.

Yoda

English & European
How our Sussex Trusts are fairing occupancy wise:

Covid Beds.png
I'm guessing those SCFT & SPFT are patients having respite care or are recovering for their main treatment at acute trusts.

Covid MV Beds.png

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Matt Hancock to make Tier announcement at 11.30am.

The Torygraph are reporting that East & West Sussex, and Brighton & Hove stand a good chance of being moved into Tier 3.
Which would mean no fans at our games.

Fingers crossed we can stay in Tier 2.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Matt Hancock to make Tier announcement at 11.30am.

Except he hasn't! Nothing at all on BBC yet.

Treating us all with contempt as Boris did when he turned up late for his press conference a few weeks ago.

ETA Just 15 minutes late then. Better than Boris I suppose

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here