Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tickets for FC United

I also undestood the 15% rule to be true. I also understood if it was to be below 15%, then it had to be agreed by both clubs. From what has been posted here, it seems FCUM are not agreeble and have asked for more tickets.

I honestly thought the decision would be whether we give them the East stand AND the west stand (2500, 29%) or just the East Stand (20%), but not just the West Stand (850, 10%)

If Brighton's misguided view is that by giving them less tickets will mean less trouble they are so wrong. It will be a load more hassle with a few hundred FCUM in the south stand.

Use your brains - give them the whole of the East Stand, then make a decision on Tuesday as to whether we will fill the West, or they can have that too!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
f*** em!!!

just bought my ticket:thumbsup:

this is all about us not some bunch of poor mancs who cant afford to watch the proper manchester teams

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Why are we only giving them 850 odd tickets? Surely demand in the home ends wont be that high! Give them more tickets and we make more money. Weird.

Quite agree. Can you imagine if it were the other way round!! This place would be in meltdown.

I feel sorry for them, every game in this competition from probably the 4th qualifying round has been their cup final (they've not got a great deal to cheer about in the league). Give them more BHA!!

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Just got my ticket, great value for a tenner, very pleased.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I also undestood the 15% rule to be true. I also understood if it was to be below 15%, then it had to be agreed by both clubs. From what has been posted here, it seems FCUM are not agreeble and have asked for more tickets.

I honestly thought the decision would be whether we give them the East stand AND the west stand (2500, 29%) or just the East Stand (20%), but not just the West Stand (850, 10%)

If Brighton's misguided view is that by giving them less tickets will mean less trouble they are so wrong. It will be a load more hassle with a few hundred FCUM in the south stand.

Use your brains - give them the whole of the East Stand, then make a decision on Tuesday as to whether we will fill the West, or they can have that too!

If FCUM only actually got 900 enquiries then surely, given not all of them will turn into a ticket sale, the Albion are trying to prevent having unsold seats by only giving them 10%. What do they do if they allocate the East stand and then find FCUM only sell 700 tickets ? Sell the West stand to home supporters ? I for one would never buy a ticket in the West stand !

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
But I thoght we HAVE to give them 15%? (If they wanted it?)

There must be a loophole in the rules or something because I'm sure if we actually had to then we would have done.

There is some quirky loophole over segregation I think.

Also the pitch invasion at Rochdale probably didn't do them any favours!

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
From the FA site somewhere:
21. DISTRIBUTION OF TICKETS
(a) All Rounds Preceding the Semi-Finals
In all matches preceding the Semi-Finals, the Visiting Club shall have the right to claim up
to 15% of all accommodation for which tickets are issued providing these tickets are in a
fully segregated area, and subject to the following regulations:

(i) The request for tickets shall be made within two days of the draw.
(ii) The tickets allotted to the Visiting Club, if numbered and reserved, must be of equal
value to those retained by the Home Club.
(iii) In cases of replays, the Club playing away in the replay must make a request for
tickets prior to the original match in order to ensure that the replay tickets are in the
possession of the club playing away in the replay at the latest immediately on
conclusion of the original match.
(iv) The Visiting Club shall be responsible for the payment of all tickets asked for and
allotted, unless otherwise agreed between the Clubs in writing with a copy sent to The
Association. All questions in dispute shall immediately be referred to The Association.
(v) The Visiting Club should settle with the Home Club for sales of tickets on or before
the day of the match.
(vi) Any tickets not sold by the Visiting Club should be returned to the Home Club with
their statement of tickets sales.
(vii) In the Competition Proper, a Visiting Club shall be entitled to one third of the seats
usually reserved and known as “Home and Visiting Directors’ Seats” up to a
maximum of 24 seats.
(viii) Where disabled facilities are provided, a Visiting Club shall have the right to claim up
to 15% of this accommodation.
(ix) Where it is deemed desirable, the Professional Game Board shall have the right to
vary the allocation of tickets to the Visiting Club, or require a match to be made all
ticket.​

If FCUM only actually got 900 enquiries then surely, given not all of them will turn into a ticket sale, the Albion are trying to prevent having unsold seats by only giving them 10%. What do they do if they allocate the East stand and then find FCUM only sell 700 tickets ? Sell the West stand to home supporters ? I for one would never buy a ticket in the West stand !

The 900 they speak of, was just a list of people who might be interested. This was before they even knew who they would be playing and on what day. I know most FCUM wanted to play BHA.

Personally, I think we would struggle to fill the North and South stands for this.

Who in their right mind (BHAfans) is going to buy a ticket in the east when its the samr price as the south?

I am an east STH, and I cant wait to move to the south. The East will be empty. The south and North wont be full and FCUM will have a shit view for the biggest game in their history, and only 850 can be there.

Bad decision.......

Give them the East Stand and hold back on a decision on the West until Tuesday. By then, if FCUM have sold out, theywill have asked for more, and we can decide whther to give them or not, depending on how our own sales are going. I agree, not many BHA will pay for the West.

As for them getting in the South stand. I think they will find a way!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...As for them getting in the South stand. I think they will find a way!

Seeing as many of our own whingers complain about how difficult it is to get a ticket... what evidence do you have to support this rather rabid suggestion?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The beach is quiet at this time of year, collect all of the deckchairs currently in storage, plonk them in Catt's back garden and everybody's happy. The Mancs get to watch their team and we don't have to put up with them inside Withdean.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
They should have their full entitlement if they want it, and shame on the Albion if they're trying to wriggle out of it on some spurious 'security' issue. Loads of clubs have both sets of fans in the same stand without any bother at all. The idea that FCUM absolutely must have their own stand is utter nonsense.

As others have said, if our allocation for an away tie got cut by a third, we'd be up in arms.

Seeing as many of our own whingers complain about how difficult it is to get a ticket... what evidence do you have to support this rather rabid suggestion?

Many FCUM fans will have either bought a ticket in the past, or have a friend who did. Remember, they come from all over!

And, not that I would condone, but there is always the ticket exchange.

BUT, should not come to this, give them their 15%, or even 20% (west stand too) and lets look forward to a great game and atmosphere at Withdean

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here