Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticketmaster

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Has there ever been a more annoyingly frustrating site.

Trying to book robbie Williams tickets for June and first there are tickets right at the very back of the stadium....2 minutes later they are not available. Go for standing...nothing after saying there is...like the Olympics fiasco.

But I then look around the net and there are plenty of sites with tickets available, but three times the price Ticketmaster were showing yesterday.

Bloody rip off

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
you should try ticketek here, not only do they cahreg you a booking fee but a credit fee as well - how the f*** else can you book online for pre-sale tickets!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I'd forgotten that I want to be online at 9am this morning to order some tickets for a gig...so thanks!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'd forgotten that I want to be online at 9am this morning to order some tickets for a gig...so thanks!

Hope you have better luck than me

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Anyone used viagogo? Appearedvonnthe top on nsc in the adverts...they have plenty of tix

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I got mine yesterday in pre-sale. 12x standing tickets for the Sunday. \o/

But hey, no-one likes a smart arse. :banana:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
The number of card transactions that don't go through means there is always a second phase of sales. If you don't get one in the first ten minutes, the trick is to hang on for an hour, or go back about an hour later. Always works. Alternatively, Robbie fans could always spend the ticket money on something else...Juicy pink tracky bottoms, a Katherine Jenkins boxset or a crate of Smirnoff Ice?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland

Trying to book robbie Williams tickets for June and first there are tickets right at the very back of the stadium....2 minutes later they are not available. Go for standing...nothing after saying there is...like the Olympics fiasco.

But I then look around the net and there are plenty of sites with tickets available, but three times the price Ticketmaster were showing yesterday.

Bloody rip off

Standing tickets were available from Ticketmaster in the pre-sale yesterday, even at 4pm.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The number of card transactions that don't go through means there is always a second phase of sales. If you don't get one in the first ten minutes, the trick is to hang on for an hour, or go back about an hour later. Always works. Alternatively, Robbie fans could always spend the ticket money on something else...Juicy pink tracky bottoms, a Katherine Jenkins boxset or a crate of Smirnoff Ice?

I will relate your comments to the wife who wants to go ben and she will no doubt box your ears.

Will try the site again though. Thanks

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I got some yesterday for wife and daughter, as I have a ticketmaster account I received an email saying they were on sale from 12 oclock. Tried and tried but the first availability on the site was about 12:45 and all Saturday tickets had been sold by then. I therefore kept an eye on twitter as I knew there could be extra dates and at 5pm they announced the Tuesday at Wembley so got tickets for then.

What really really really really pisses me off is people were putting tickets on ebay by 10am yesterday morning, I was fed up so I reported one as breaking the law and almost set up another account to bid £100,000 on each ticket.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I can't believe anyone would pay £80 for a standing ticket for robbie williams, I paid less than £80 to go to the last three or four gigs put together all of which were musically more talented than Williams.

Knightsworld

Aug 19, 2003
WSU, just below the seagull.

Bloody rip off

Got the wife her tickets yesterday morning. Took about 15 minutes to complete the transaction on Ticketmaster. Nice and smooth.

Zamo123

Mar 1, 2012
hi think i have 2 standing tickets for sale as me and the mrs both went on ticketmaster at 9 and got standing tickets on sunday 30th june let me know if anyone is intrested as we only need 2 doh

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Anyone used viagogo? Appearedvonnthe top on nsc in the adverts...they have plenty of tix

I'm sure that was a well intentioned suggestion but Viagogo (along with Seatwave) are part of the problem - not the solution. As Dispatches proved recently, they use teams of people to bulk buy tickets to resell above face value, sometimes in cahoots with promoters and probably without the artist getting a cut. Even when they're not doing that (as they claim) and genuinely acting as a 'ticket exchange', their existence encourages people to buy more than they need for profit. Which is why gigs like Emeli Sande in Brighton were 'sold out' within seconds and yet seats were on the sites above at 3x face value instantly.

It should be illegal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here