Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Ticketmaster data hacked

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
For anyone who has used Ticketmaster before...

"Ticketmaster owner Live Nation confirmed "unauthorised activity" on its database after a group of hackers said they had stolen the personal details of 560 million customers.

ShinyHunters, the group claiming responsibility, says the stolen data includes names, addresses, phone numbers and partial credit card details from Ticketmaster users worldwide."

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Sounds like a lot of sensitive data including addresses.

Thankfully I keep a different password for every site I use.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've had a lot of scam calls today

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
For anyone who has used Ticketmaster before...

"Ticketmaster owner Live Nation confirmed "unauthorised activity" on its database after a group of hackers said they had stolen the personal details of 560 million customers.

ShinyHunters, the group claiming responsibility, says the stolen data includes names, addresses, phone numbers and partial credit card details from Ticketmaster users worldwide."
Excellent. Perhaps they will have more success getting tickets for me than I do!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Strange I've had an email from Ticketet Australia, which I used back in 2015 to buy a couple of Sydney FC tickets, but nothing from Ticketmaster, Live Nation etc informing me of the hack.

This is mainly why I no longer save by payment details on these sites, as there is no guarantee they won't be hacked.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Strange I've had an email from Ticketet Australia, which I used back in 2015 to buy a couple of Sydney FC tickets, but nothing from Ticketmaster, Live Nation etc informing me of the hack.

This is mainly why I no longer save by payment details on these sites, as there is no guarantee they won't be hacked.
I had the same message after I used it once in 2017 to buy tickets for a WC playoff between Socceroos and Honduras. Tried to log in, couldn’t remember any log in details, not sure I set any up, certainly not got any ‘in date’ payment details.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
I find it beyond bizarre that Ticketmaster haven't sent every single customer an email telling them what has happened, and advising to change their password immediately. If people don't read / watch the news, they'd never know this even happened.

Surely they should be doing that as a bare minimum?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here