Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket Warning (Gillingham)

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Went with a friend to The Amex this afternoon to collect tickets for the Gillingham game tomorrow.

Approx 50 people waiting outside the superstore and told at least an hour wait once you eventually get inside, sure enough 2 hours after arriving we eventually collected his ticket.

I would suggest people don't leave it till tomorrow to get their tickets from the stadium as you could be in for a long wait.

Only 5 staff working in the tickets section, 3 of which are constantly on the phones. Apparently they have been somewhat surprised and caught out at the late demand for tickets following Saturday's game.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
rumours could reach 20,000 ! 1st game under floodlights would look amazing if true

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Inevitable after Saturday I would have thought. Always thought this game would top 15,000 and wouldn't be surprised to see it more than that.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Unfortunately, it was about the same sort of wait to be served lunch in Dick's Bar today - and the usual running out of food available. I guess they had an unforseen number of punters from the ticket queue.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
rumours could reach 20,000 ! 1st game under floodlights would look amazing if true

20,000 rumours!? That's alot even for us!

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Would be absolutely fantastic to break the 20,000 barrier. Also, provided we get through a few rounds in both the League and FA, big attendances at cup games could have a major impact on club finances throughout this season and looking forward to next season

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Shame that fans with actual problems to be resolved, are being ignored just to flog more tickets........

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
20,000 for a round one League Cup game. :lolol:

That's probably as many in one match as who saw the Albion at home in the league cup over the past DECADE.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Also - season ticket holders who are trying out a different seat to their allocated seat tomorrow will have to collect paper tickets from the ticket office. God knows how long the queue is going to be

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not a chance it will be 20k, as already mentioned I would say 15-16k tops. Would love to be surprised though.
Is the club allowed to sell tix on the day of the game? Looking at the seating plan, coupled with the "too busy" ticket web server and the long phone queues being reported, I wouldn't actually rule out 20,000 if they are.

Mr C Gull

Feb 1, 2011
Souwf London

Judging by how many tickets are available online i'd say 20,000 is nothing short of wildly optimistic. Would love to be proved wrong but i'd say the rumour starter may be talking just a little bit of doggy dirt.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Takes me back to someone posting on here the day the Play-off final tickets went on sale, saying that he expected all the tickets to be snapped up that day. What followed was the binfest to end all binfests!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is the club allowed to sell tix on the day of the game? Looking at the seating plan, coupled with the "too busy" ticket web server and the long phone queues being reported, I wouldn't actually rule out 20,000 if they are.

I'm sure they are. There'll be a cut off time, but I'm confident they can sell on match day.

Should be one of the bigger crowds of the round, either way. Perhaps Forest v Notts County might catch the imagination, but even Palace v Crawley holds little attraction for Palace fans, seemingly. Think there's rumoured to be a thousand or so from Crawley heading up (really??).

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Also - season ticket holders who are trying out a different seat to their allocated seat tomorrow will have to collect paper tickets from the ticket office. God knows how long the queue is going to be

Gillingham Ticket

Not according to insider. He says it should be loaded onto the smartcard automatically. You just need to mak a note of the seat details.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here