Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket site / ticket office

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
At the beginning of this season there were many gripes with all things to do with the Albion ticketing process - the somewhat clunky on-line facility, as well as the phone experience - "you are number 47 in the queue".

All of my dealings have been brilliant - short queues on the phone, request dealt with quickly and efficiently and 100% accuracy with the execution of each request.

I've not read much on here recently from others. Does no news = good news in this case?

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
At the beginning of this season there were many gripes with all things to do with the Albion ticketing process - the somewhat clunky on-line facility, as well as the phone experience - "you are number 47 in the queue".

All of my dealings have been brilliant - short queues on the phone, request dealt with quickly and efficiently and 100% accuracy with the execution of each request.

I've not read much on here recently from others. Does no news = good news in this case?

The sun shines on the righteous, imvho.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The times I've popped over to the Amex for tickets the queue has never been more than about 2 people ( even for Doncaster ) and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. No complaints from me at all ( although I do have the luxury of working from home and being a 4 minute drive away ! ).

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I've had no problems buying, delivery is another story! No major dramas though

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The only issue I have had is purchasing two Liverpool tickets in the same transaction and receiving them in seperate envelopes and at opposite ends of the stand. That said, the club dealt with it well and replaced them.

Overall I'm very pleased with the way the club is operating and expect further improvements once the new CEO is in place.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Ive been really chuffed and I have found them very helpful, I wanted 6 addtional tickets for the Cardiff game to take some clients and they were very helpful even reserving them for me prior to the release date.

Top work..

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Agree. Only black marks are

the booking fee if on tinterwebs

delivery of tix is still hit n miss

they dont sell away tix in queens road. being in centre of brighton its easier to pop in there.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Booking fee is wrong, and my Peterborough tickets did not arrive, I had a real job getting them to sort me out with replacements. Apart from that the online system seems to work ok.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Works fine and booking fee is acceptable, hardly Ticket Master rip off is £2

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I havent had any problems at the Amex ticket office, havent ever had to wait to be served - Queens Road however have given me wrong info several times now (know it was wrong as the Amex office said they were wrong) so i dont bother going in there anymore.

£2 booking fee isnt that bad, but if you dont want to pay an extra £2, then just go to the ticket office in person to get them, that way you have them the same day.

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
The hold music has recently become terrible... I feel like I'm on hold to the theater opposed to a football club... bring back the old school music!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think the online side of things works very well. However the delivery of away tickets is hit and miss. Next season I'd be inclined to buy them straight from the ground on a matchday.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Could they think about swapping the ticket fee around, so that if you go to the web you don't pay a fee, if you go to the ticket office or order on phone you pay the fee? Surely the drive to web channel should be encouraged, although I appreciate that the recompense for the web fee would need to be managed in house since IRIS still need to be payed the web purchase fees.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Could they think about swapping the ticket fee around, so that if you go to the web you don't pay a fee, if you go to the ticket office or order on phone you pay the fee? Surely the drive to web channel should be encouraged, although I appreciate that the recompense for the web fee would need to be managed in house since IRIS still need to be payed the web purchase fees.

Will always be a fee for online, got to pay to send the tickets - probably a card fee is included in the £2 as well. Compared to Ticketmaster, i think we get off bloody lightly for ticket fees.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Will always be a fee for online, got to pay to send the tickets - probably a card fee is included in the £2 as well. Compared to Ticketmaster, i think we get off bloody lightly for ticket fees.

No, let me try and explain it another way. If a ticket is booked online, the £2 fee is payable by the club and not the purchaser. The club can compensate themselves by charging for ticket purchases in the face to face/telephone channel.

I am sure that more people would use the web if this were the case and they would need less people in the office on the phones/front desk so this would reduce costs that the club would incur for paying the web fee(this makes me sound like I'm trying to lose people their jobs!).

I dont know if that makes sense, I'm not very good at explainig things?! I guess my jist is that in todays world, the vast majority of goods purchased online are, and should be cheaper.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
No, let me try and explain it another way. If a ticket is booked online, the £2 fee is payable by the club and not the purchaser. The club can compensate themselves by charging for ticket purchases in the face to face/telephone channel.

I am sure that more people would use the web if this were the case and they would need less people in the office on the phones/front desk so this would reduce costs that the club would incur for paying the web fee(this makes me sound like I'm trying to lose people their jobs!).

I dont know if that makes sense, I'm not very good at explainig things?! I guess my jist is that in todays world, the vast majority of goods purchased online are, and should be cheaper.

You're right, it doesn't make sense.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Always found them really helpful. I have the added benefit of working in Falmer so can pop over at lunch times and buy away tickets. Saying that did Palace, Liverpool, West Ham and Barnsley on-line and for once received them in time (unlike last season when had to have several duplicates issued). So a thumbs up from me

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

But then your penalising those who havent got the internet and those that like picking them up in person - may as well just be a flat £1 admin fee for each ticket sold, that would be better i would have thought.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here