Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket sales must be bad !

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
im impressed with the effort you make, its quality. the 3 kids would go without a lot if i could be bothered to be as loyal. keep up the good work. but its not for me, sorry.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

also i work away from home from time to time. if i stayed away at the weekend i would never see my family.

Last edited:

Each to their own at the end of the day. I'm not going to suggest that someone is any less of a fan than me because they don't do a 500-mile round trip every other weekend to watch their team. You'll find few people that would do that even if we did have a state-of-the-art stadium.

People can't make games for all sorts of reasons. I'd say living in Doncaster is one of the more legitimate ones. Same with Berkshire. People might say "it's only up the road", but as he's explained it's still a big job getting down, not to mention an expensive one. Doesn't make him any less of a fan in my eyes. You never know, people like him and Graz might just have other things to do with their life.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
graz126 said:
im impressed with the effort you make, its quality. the 3 kids would go without a lot if i could be bothered to be as loyal. keep up the good work. but its not for me, sorry.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

also i work away from home from time to time. if i stayed away at the weekend i would never see my family.

Sorry graz, I didn't mean it to come across as that I make a bigger effort than you.

My kids have grown up, left home and married so I have a lot of free time on my hands (and more money too)

I'm making up for lost time when I couldn't go due to the same reasons as you.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There's an awful lot of people make an awful lot of effort to see the Albion and I for one am in awe of them. It's a twenty minute pootle up the road for me to Withdean (or three hours if I go via the Brewery Tap) but for Yorkie to live 250 miles away and have a season ticket and Gloster to have a season ticket and live in, well, Gloucester, speaks volumes. And there's many many others. I know these guys make every effort to distribute their tickets to the faithful when they can't make it, and there's a lot of people on here who they've helped get tickets in the past, and their loyalty to the Albion is total quality. If I had access to that bowing-down-and-worshipping smiley I'd be using it right now. We are not worthy. Well, I'm not anyway. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Tom Hark,
I totally agree!
and you can get the smile by clicking 'Get More' under the Smilies panel or just type : bowdown : without the spaces.

:bowdown:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Safeway said:
As for the "lack of signings", we're third for f***'s sake!! If there's people that are only going to watch us when we're ten points clear at the top then they can f*** right off with their Sky season ticket and leave BHA to the real fans.

Which is exactly what people seem to be doing!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
We are almost top of the league and are facing a crowd of less than 6,000 - surely not success apathy? Worrying but there are mitigating circumstances.

The reason the match is being played on a Friday, is (as in previous years) to allow for fans to go Christmas shopping, which the club feel would have an adverse affect on the attendance. There is also the point that many fans will have Christmas social events on a Friday night. You have to weigh up the lesser of the evils.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
FG aka Football Genius. said:
i thought true reason was the club arnt allowed play home games on a sat in dec coz park and ride?

Correct James.

It was in the agreement signed when we first moved back to Brighton, no home games on saturday in December.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
This is because of the number of Christmas shoppers using Park & Ride on a Saturday (avoid town at all costs anyway). I am going tonight and have missed a Christmas social event to attend - I have my priorities right!

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Before we all assume that, because we can't fill the stadium on a wet Friday night in December, we're going to be unable to fill it for evermore, I'd like to know what our history on these games is. I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that these games are traditionally our worst supported of the season.

Sure, this seasons attendance may be the lowest - especially if PV have returned most of their allocation - but we shouldn't assume this will be ongoing. I expect Withdean will soon be 'buzzing' again (even if we do get the extra seats).

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Jim D - I think you are bang on. The last game before Christmas is always one of the worst attendances of the year. Usually we are playing someone unattractive (ie Port Vale, Rochdale), the weather forecast is rain and wind and there are other competing attractions such as the office Christmas party or last minute shopping. My mate is bringing his son tonight because we had a spare ticket and couldn't find any friends who were free to come with us. Usually there is competition for any spares (including the last game against Wrexham). Normal service will be resumed in January

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
If its that bad why doesn't dick treat people to these so called left over tickets for free as even he must know people can't afford it this time of the year mmmmm.:rolleyes:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Getting 5,500 in December ain't that bad considering the circumstances.

You can dress it up any way you want Chappers me old son, but the fact is that a crowd of just 5,500 is f***ing abysmal.

Having followed your club's fortunes very closely over the last few years, it seems to me that a degree of apathy is currently sweeping through your support.

There could be any number of factors at work: last season's relegation, the club's financial position, the on-going Falmer situation, the state of the Withdean Stadium, the current ticketing system, the fact that managers up and leave at the end of every season, the ticket prices, etc etc.

But whatever the reasons, the apathy seems to be there. After all, do you think Albion would've failed to sell out the home tickets for such a game a couple of seasons ago? I don't.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
The Laughing Bluebird said:
You can dress it up any way you want Chappers me old son, but the fact is that a crowd of just 5,500 is f***ing abysmal.

Having followed your club's fortunes very closely over the last few years, it seems to me that a degree of apathy is currently sweeping through your support.

There could be any number of factors at work: last season's relegation, the club's financial position, the on-going Falmer situation, the state of the Withdean Stadium, the current ticketing system, the fact that managers up and leave at the end of every season, the ticket prices, etc etc.

But whatever the reasons, the apathy seems to be there. After all, do you think Albion would've failed to sell out the home tickets for such a game a couple of seasons ago? I don't.
Yeah normaly it would be 1 of 3 things,but latlely its probably 1 of 10 reasons.
Can only see it going down hill and whatever happens it won't affect large crowds at falmer thats for sure.:smokin:

Can you imagine what it would be like for other clubs in our position who would have waited 9 bloody years for a stadium.

The thought of another 3 years at this shite hole is un-thinkable but a fact.:drink:

Then you look at cardiff who will be in there ground in 2005-6 season miles ahead of us.:censored:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
This would not have been a problem had we (I mean DK when I say we) not prepared better for the Div 1 season. Had we avoided relegation we may well have hung onto BZ and Brooker, maybe even Coppell, we would then have probably signed Ingarmasson and been a whole lot more attractive to potential players. We would have had more money, would be playing more attractive teams at better stadiums and therefore would probably be selling out withdean every week.

A drop of 1000 at withdean costs the club roughly £20,000 every game. It was short sighted in the extreme to do Div 1 on the cheap and it has cost us dearly this season despite being near the top of the table.

glosterseagull

Oct 2, 2003
:blush: shucks, Tom!:angel:

I think the problem with tickets is that last season most of the time the away allocation was taken up. This season they're not and...the clubs advise 'us' late on friday. So the email system is to advise the fans that you CAN get tickets.

I heard that Bristol didnt sell all their allocation and told the ticket office!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here