Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ticket office

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You see I can't understand attitudes like that. Someone has come up with an observation and you're effectively dismissing it and telling them to shut up. Not EVERYTHING connected with the club is fantastic, brilliant and totally above criticism - the ticketing system least of all.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Erm, I just called, got through in about 3-4 minutes and got my ticket. I'm just SAYING.

You see I can't understand attitudes like that. Someone has come up with an observation and you're effectively dismissing it and telling them to shut up. Not EVERYTHING connected with the club is fantastic, brilliant and totally above criticism - the ticketing system least of all.

Observation? Seems a complete fabrication to me as the recorded message when I called the ticket office earlier didn't require me to press any number except "5" in order to buy tickets. It was the same message as yesterday.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I sent off ticket applications for myself and my two kids on the vouchers that were sent to the junior seagulls members. I applied for Oldham as my first choice and Hartlepool as my second choice game. I didn't recive any tickets or any communication back. Two weeks ago I sent an email to tickets@bhafc.co.uk to see if they have any record of receiving my application but did not recive a reply. I have sent another email last week and still have not received a reply.

I dont recall getting any vouchers when my daughter received her (boys) watch in the post a couple of week ago, probably because those matches had already been played by the time they bothered sending it out.

It comes from the lets get as many as we can lark they did last year quantity has definately replaced quality.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
I dont recall getting any vouchers when my daughter received her (boys) watch in the post a couple of week ago, probably because those matches had already been played by the time they bothered sending it out.

It comes from the lets get as many as we can lark they did last year quantity has definately replaced quality.

You should have recieved some through the post as the vouchers could be used at various home games up until January I think. Not much point though if the club are just going to ignore applications. We are surely the worst run club ticketing wise, my mates who support other clubs used to think I was joking when I told them I had to apply by post for tickets with a self addressed envelope.:laugh:
If others think our ticketing is fine then so be it I can only speak from experience and my kids first introduction to their local team I'm trying to encourage them to support.
I think the dwindling crowds say it all really. Not sure whats going to happen come Falmer, I fear we have lost too many supporters over the last 5 years and some peoples attitude of 'we don't need them' is just so short sighted.:shrug:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Observation? Seems a complete fabrication to me as the recorded message when I called the ticket office earlier didn't require me to press any number except "5" in order to buy tickets. It was the same message as yesterday.
Read Barry Izbak's post immediately above Simon195's "Blah!"

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
We don't need part time fans that can't be bothered anyway! Can't you buy online?

How wrong you are!! We need all the part time fans we can get if we are ever going to get near to filling Falmer!

For a lot of them, who can give or take the Albion, it only needs one poor experience of the ticket line and they give up. Another opportunity for a potential Falmer season ticket holder wasted.

Whoever said it is quite right, the poor guys in the ticket office shouldnt be in the line of fire, but Brown and his oppos should if people keep experiencing delays in being connected to an operator.

Just because its the Albion doesnt mean consumers should be happy to accept poor customer service. God help them/us if its still not right in 21 months' time!

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
phoned up the ticket office to enquire about buying a ticket for tonights game, and after pressing half dozen buttons to right dept i then got ..... your in queue postion 2, and played load music, waited for 5 mins and gave up, carnt be bothered, the old system was so easy.. phone up a brighton number, press option 5 and straight through.. now its 0845 etc etc.. forget it !!!!

you just have to press one button once youve listened to them telling you what tickets are availabe.............got straight through at about 11:00 this morning......not really that much hassle

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Don't agree with the original whinge on this thread, but there is some serious room for improvement.

1 Got an SMS to confirm that I had purchased my tickets, which was nice, but why no mailshot in the first place, I am a season ticket holder- can't be difficult.

2 Online ticketing is an embarrassment. I have three season tickets and when the setup got messed I phoned for advise and they told me my password.:ohmy: The thing is I knew my password and they had not even tried to establish I was who I said I was. Also I would rather they could not see my password anyway - just reset it if someone forgets. Also the site certificate is screwed, which makes you wonder how secure your credit card details would be.

In most instances I would rather buy online, but for this club I would rather wait in the telephone queue.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
0845 is a local rate call - so costs the same as a call to an 01273 number if you are calling from Brighton.

0845 numbers initially were local call rate as the receiving party paid the difference on the cost of the call. With different Telecom providers entering the market the charging basis was altered as there were numerous tariffs involved and revenue was split between the network provider and the terminating number. 0845 numbers are now known as low-call rate because customers on basic call packages get local calls for free.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Whilst I've seen it before, after this thread, the smiley - :bla: - has jumped up in my order of favourites. It's both brilliant, and perfectly suitable for this forum.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
AFAIK there are limited resources for booking tickets at present either in person or via the phone. The ticket office is very busy either serving those queueing up or answering the phone , they cant do both at the same time. FFS In the old days you had to go to the Goldstone ticket office (with your ticket stubs) for important games and queue up for 4 hours.

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
stuff it, not worth 22 quid anyway, why not just charge everyone a tenner and kids a quid .. ?? i mean really is a game against a dire team such as wycombe ..(who last week lost 6-0) worth £22 ...nah dont think so ..new manager or no new manager....just pure greed if you ask me !!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
stuff it, not worth 22 quid anyway, why not just charge everyone a tenner and kids a quid .. ?? i mean really is a game against a dire team such as wycombe ..(who last week lost 6-0) worth £22 ...nah dont think so ..new manager or no new manager....just pure greed if you ask me !!

Its worth it if the Albion get drawn away at a Premiershite club in the 3rd or 4th round. You will be get priority (of a sort) for a ticket. :thumbsup:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I have just tried to register ONLINE to purchase TWO TICKETS for TONIGHTS game, and am told I apparently already exist and can't register, even though I've NEVER used this POXY system before. I am FURIOUS. I now might have to RING them up...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here