Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket Office & Uncle Dick's Tat Emporium Relocating Across Queens Road

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I know, thats why we are in the relegation zone with the worst home record in the entire professional football league of Englandshire

I blame Adams still for playing Virgo without fail

Sadly the club seem more ambitious when it comes to retail than football.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
They could try looking at other clubshops, you know, the ones that proper, professional clubs have. Ones that don't sell jumble tat, that only your Mum or Nan buy you at Christmas, merely beacuse it has an Albion logo and, so you being an Albion fan, are bound to like it. You assure them you will wear it, knowing that it's gonna sit in a drawer somewhere, just in case they ask where it is. Until such time as you feel safe to give it to the British Heart Foundation shop, or maybe Scope, or Oxfam even.

The club shop should be a prime source of continued income, but whoever is the buyer is completely out of touch.

Presumably the new shop might try to rectify this?

I do agree that the current club shop does have some tat in it although the same can be said about some Premier League club shops (I have been to Arsenal and Chelsea's shops).

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Doug Loft memory stick anyone?

flashdrive.JPG

I want one of those, I really do.

How much are they ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Presumably the new shop might try to rectify this?

I do agree that the current club shop does have some tat in it although the same can be said about some Premier League club shops (I have been to Arsenal and Chelsea's shops).

Agreed. There is some nasty stuff in there. Striped waiscoats anyone?

But most football club shops are like that. More imagination required - methinks.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What would you like to see at the club shop then?

I agree it's mostly expensive rubbish at the moment

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I went for the Wayne Henderson version, but it wouldn't save anything.

Brilliant :lolol:

What about the Brighton Manager version that performs really well for a year, then wipes everything from memory only to replaced with really old documents that were great at the time but are absolutely no use to you now ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What would you like to see at the club shop then?

I agree it's mostly expensive rubbish at the moment

I don't know right now - I haven't got that level of imagination creeping through me at present. Alright, let me see.

Anything mod-ish, clothes-wise. Notwithstanding the fact I am not mod size, I would like a smart Ben Sherman-made 'Oxford-style' button-up Brighton shirt.

A new 'Good Old Sussex By The Sea' T-shirt. My ones sold OK, but perhaps a re-design that I can offer the shop might be in order.

More historical framed pictures of The Goldstone / past players / action shots that haven't been seen before

Coffee bar - if there's room (or is that naff)?

f*** it, I don't know. More thoughts later...

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Why, what did they used to have that was better?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
the skint records stuff was a bit cool, remember those sun hats? and the lush lumberjack hats too ... very cool. those were good days, and i believe that nick rowe was at the club at that point.

Left my sun hat in a taxi - I almost cried when I realised I'd lost it. They used to stock much better baseball caps, too.

Am currently wearing a blue Albion polo shirt to work - very roomy XL even for my portly figure!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here