Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket office telephone line

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyon know how this works? Been on hold since 0930, started in queue position 2, I have been on queue position 1 for 25 mins and been on hold for 36 mins in total.

Not that I'm getting pissed off or anything but am I likely to be lost in the system?

Or is there one person serving people queuing in the shop and just ignoring the phone ?

All quite Micky Mouse

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Fucks sake , now been cut off. As I said Mickey f***ing Mouse..

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have just been told the telephone line is 'temporarily out of order'

Piss up.....brewery etc etc

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
In exactly the same boat. Was second in line from 9.30 to 10.10 and was then cut off. The line is now dead.

Pathetic.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
why not drop them an e-mail see what the problem is/book tickets/arrange a call back

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
To be fair the club shop is not very well equipped at the best of times let alone for a game of this importance.

I would imagine the club realises the limitations of the current ticket office hence the reason for moving to a larger premises?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
why not drop them an e-mail see what the problem is/book tickets/arrange a call back

Tried that once before, absolutely nothing came back as a response.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm through again at position 11. They might not even have any tickets. How is this so difficult to get right?

If they can't get you through from position 2 in half an hour I doubt you've a snowball in hell's chance from 11..good luck, I've given up for the moment.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Got 3 tickets for J block after an hour on the phone. I will complain, it's just ridiculous how crap the whole system is.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why do you all expect the club to have an infrastructure to cope with hundreds of people trying to buy 3,000 tickets first thing in the morning when such demand is only there once every 150 games or so?

(Although I do hope this isn't repeated when Falmer is built and we are a proper club again)

ijpemby

Sep 27, 2008
you think youve got it bad i spent 3 hours last week online being told my tickets for arsenal v manutd semi final were being processed, only to be told by the numpty on the phone that i had no tickets, GRRRRRRRRRRR,

And considering withdean has been half empty all season they should only allow people to buy tickets with a valid ticket stub from this season.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Why do you all expect the club to have an infrastructure to cope with hundreds of people trying to buy 3,000 tickets first thing in the morning when such demand is only there once every 150 games or so?

(Although I do hope this isn't repeated when Falmer is built and we are a proper club again)

I don't, I just don't understand how I can be on hold for over 30 mins when I'm 2nd in line when I get through. I'd accept with no problem a phone system that tells me it's too busy to take my call or a constant engaged tone as I accept that this is a once or twice a season occurrence in demand.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't, I just don't understand how I can be on hold for over 30 mins when I'm 2nd in line when I get through. I'd accept with no problem a phone system that tells me it's too busy to take my call or a constant engaged tone as I accept that this is a once or twice a season occurrence in demand.
Yes I think everyone accepts that the phone system is shite and can't cope. Similarly, there probably aren't enough staff on duty to handle the calls.

Annoying, but hardly surprising really. I just think we should expect this sort of "service" until we're a proper football club again. There is NO WAY this half arsed set-up will be in place when the club needs to sell several thousand seats every week (in addition to season ticket holders).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here