Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket Chaos Tonight (the after)

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Just on the radio. More than 200 fans still waiting in line to pick up tickets when the first goal went in.

Ken Brown made the decision to open the gates and just let them in.

Sounds like a superb performance which could have convinced a few of the floating fans back to Withdean but how much damage will this fiasco do?

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Ticket Chaos Tonight [merged]

Sounds like the ticket office have excelled themselves tonight. From what Harty has been saying on SW, around 200-250 fans were still waiting to collect their tickets after kick off (so missing the first goal) and tempers were getting understandably frayed.

Ken Brown had to come down and sort things out, in the end letting everyone in that was waiting without their ticket. He's apologised on air but just hope they get these ticket problems sorted out very soon.

El Pres has also told me it took several hours to get through to book a ticket by phone today. I wonder how many others tried and then gave up when they couldn't get through?

Be interested to hear from those who were affected when they get back from the match.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
utter, utter shambles..

it is a shame as people going tonight seeing a good performance would want to come back. with this debacle beginning their evening it may well change their opinion

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
the rest of the crowd managed to turn up in time why the f*** couldn't they just get there earlier or get their tickets sooner. Always the clubs fault when dumbasses can't organise themselves!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
the rest of the crowd managed to turn up in time why the f*** couldn't they just get there earlier or get their tickets sooner. Always the clubs fault when dumbasses can't organise themselves!

Must admit, if you've chosen to pick your tickets up at the ground you've left yourself open to possibly having to queue

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
1. I ordered a ticket for the North stand but sitting in the family stand as the ticketing situation is a shambles.

2. £2 booking fee when paying by debit card is a rip-off and disproportionate to the cost of the ticket itself.

3. Unable to renew blue membership over the phone so no discount given when buying merchandise tonight.

4. My fork BROKE when eating my chips at half time.

I know it won't stop me as I don't get down to Withers too often, but it is an amateurish state of affairs. Everyone makes mistakes, but all of this was avoidable with a little forethought. If my laptop DONGLE is ruined by the rain whilst I am posting a major tantrum will ensue.

Luckily the performance is excellent to date, Murray superb flick for Fozzie's goal, Livermore given opportunity to prove himself now, Cox flying into everything and Whing late on the tackles in an attempt to top last years disciplinary record.

Second half is quieter but hardly surprising.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
1. I ordered a ticket for the North stand but sitting in the family stand as the ticketing situation is a shambles.

2. £2 booking fee when paying by debit card is a rip-off and disproportionate to the cost of the ticket itself.

3. Unable to renew blue membership over the phone so no discount given when buying merchandise tonight.

4. My fork BROKE when eating my chips at half time.

I know it won't stop me as I don't get down to Withers too often, but it is an amateurish state of affairs. Everyone makes mistakes, but all of this was avoidable with a little forethought. If my laptop DONGLE is ruined by the rain whilst I am posting a major tantrum will ensue.

Luckily the performance is excellent to date, Murray superb flick for Fozzie's goal, Livermore given opportunity to prove himself now, Cox flying into everything and Whing late on the tackles in an attempt to top last years disciplinary record.

Second half is quieter but hardly surprising.

oh, did the club have trouble getting the tickets out for this game, probably because of the season tickets ?

If so - my post before is obviously rubbish.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ken Brown has however been appointed by Lord Coe to sort out ticketing for the Olympics, and they are being printed in February 2013

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Not several hours to be fair, more like 10-15 minutes, but, if it's in your lunctime and from a mobile phone, the cost, added to the £2 booking fee, and the ticket price itself, makes it a more expensive and very tortuous experience.

Must admit, if you've chosen to pick your tickets up at the ground you've left yourself open to possibly having to queue

Especially if you have to work like normal people or live out of town. Or both.

Have any of you tried collecting a ticket at Withdean? I have-twice, and will never do it again: which is precisely why I'm at home in Guildford instead of at Withdean. One time I got there early to collect a ticket but they hadn't sent it up from the ticket office. I missed the kick off by 10 minutes despite getting to the ticket window 30 minutes before kick off-obviously my fault for not getting there at breakfast time. If that happened tonight to a few people then it's no wonder it was chaos because the problem gets worse with every mistake.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Have any of you tried collecting a ticket at Withdean? I have-twice, and will never do it again: which is precisely why I'm at home in Guildford instead of at Withdean. One time I got there early to collect a ticket but they hadn't sent it up from the ticket office. I missed the kick off by 10 minutes despite getting to the ticket window 30 minutes before kick off-obviously my fault for not getting there at breakfast time. If that happened tonight to a few people then it's no wonder it was chaos because the problem gets worse with every mistake.

I have several times and never had a problem... mind you we were playing shite at the time and so I think there was not much demand !

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
best problem I had was on the phone when I bought a ticket, I was specifically told that the ticket would be at the ticket office at 12pm and I said I would pick it up from there. Got there at 11:55am and lo and behold its gone to Withdean!!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I live way out of town and work normal hours cheers.

You'll see I actually qualified the above in the post below, and have often had to pick up because of where I live - more than twice to be honest.

Obviously something has gone wrong tonight, but to be honest when I have picked up I've never had a problem.

I have several times and never had a problem... mind you we were playing shite at the time and so I think there was not much demand !

It's like most things-if they go according to plan then everybody is happy and any company can cope. It's when it goes wrong that the shit hits the fan and when it goes wrong it sorts out the companies who can handle a problem from those who can't. Seems like The Albion fall into the latter category tonight.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Apart from the odd mischief maker, no one actually takes any pleasure in this kind of thing. It just shouldn't happen. And it particularly shouldn't happen if you are in the sort of financial position we are.

This has been an accident waiting to happen, any Brighton goal in the first couple of minutes would have seen a similar result for evening games last season, there is always a massive collection queue at one tiny window.

Like Nemesis, I've missed kick-off collecting, and would think twice in the future.

Club must learn the lesson, these are the late bookers, the spontaneous fans, the ones we need, and we must get them in without pissing them off - Falmer, PAY ON THE GATE. In the short term, just another window or two would do.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So do we know what actually CAUSED this cock-up yet ?
I mean christ, this was only a crowd of 2,500 ! Whats going to happen for a proper game ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here