Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket booking fees

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
FFP is coming! Everyone, pay up! Don't ask these kind of questions either. They're unhelpful and divisive.

Spot on. Pay the money. Don't complain, don't question, don't moan. Just join the membership schemes, buy the merchandise and pay the fees you ungrateful *******s. Honestly. Call yourselves fans?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So any ticket purchased on-line is £1 pr ticket as oppossed to £2 per transaction how many you purchased in one go ?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
According to the ASA unavoidable booking fees MUST be shown on the same page as that quoting the headline ticket price.

Looks like the club needs to sort this out ASAP.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Agree on all counts.
Online savings should mean cheaper prices when ordering online, so why not say:
"Ticket price £13.50, with a 50p discount when booking online"?
It puts the booking fees in a better light, although it DOES mean that the headline ticket prices are higher (though more accurately reflecting the full cost, if we can't avoid a booking fee).

Not sure but if a game is abandoned and you get a refund, this doesn't include the booking fee and/or any payment charges!

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
so , we have to pay for the privelige for the club to provide the service of booking tickets,at the point of sale, with themselves,

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
FFP is coming! Everyone, pay up! Don't ask these kind of questions either. They're unhelpful and divisive.

but its not FFP, this has been talked about fro two years since we're at Falmer.

Last season people moaned about the booking fee saying it was unfair as you didn't have to pay it if you purchased in person. The response to this perceived unfairness - charge a booking fee for sales in person. Classic Barber.
well that was pointed out when everyone cried about it before. its the only way to make it "fair" if fees are charged by a system, because you cant remove the fee (or have to subsidise. see also female insurance premiums.

though really i dont know why it cant be added in the price and not mentioned if every pays it. we dont have our shops showing the switch card transaction fee, i dont know know the world of tickets is different.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Really, what actually is a booking fee? I mean what are you paying for? Are you paying to use the software to book the ticket? If so that would be a website usage fee? I understand credit card fees, although I don't agree with them, I can see that you are covering the card issuers fees that they ask of the vendor. Postage fee, i get that, but a booking fee? What service are you actually paying for? The cost of the ticket itself, software, manpower, electricity, ink etc etc etc is covered and should be covered by the price of a ticket. It's like adding an electricity fee for booking a ticket. Most of us have the cards that get matches loaded onto them. So there's no ticket and no delivery costs. Plus if you lose it Barber charges you £25! So what exactly am I paying for with this booking fee?

Last edited:

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
I have no idea, i was told that if you shop at Tesco you have to use the self service checkout to avoid paying the £1.50 for an operator to scan your shopping for you, i did not want to appear a tight arse so i coughed up, be the last time though.

BHAboi

Jan 26, 2009
BHA
I have no idea, i was told that if you shop at Tesco you have to use the self service checkout to avoid paying the £1.50 for an operator to scan your shopping for you, i did not want to appear a tight arse so i coughed up, be the last time though.

you were told? or you were there? this is BS anyway

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I can understand a booking fee if you're buying tickets from a third party, i.e. a theatre ticket from ticketmaster, because they are providing a service. An organisation charging you a booking fee to buy THEIR OWN product is absolutely ridiculous.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Really, what actually is a booking fee? I mean what are you paying for? Are you paying to use the software to book the ticket?

yes, apparently the ticketing software has the fees built in, and goes to the supplier of that software.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
yes, apparently the ticketing software has the fees built in, and goes to the supplier of that software.

What if you are just checking the seats available and don't actually buy a ticket? You're using the software, no booking fee for using it then. BHAFC have to pay for the system to be installed onto their system, therefore it should be in the ticket price. There are plenty of checkout software systems that don't charge booking fees. I find the whole thing ridiculous.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Am I missing something here? The booking fee for buying tickets online has gone down, but there is now a booking fee for buying in person or on the phone, which is more expensive. Is that correct? Because if so there seems to be a very simple solution.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
... BHAFC have to pay for the system to be installed onto their system, therefore it should be in the ticket price. There are plenty of checkout software systems that don't charge booking fees. I find the whole thing ridiculous.

the previous discusson on the issue was the software used charges a fee for each ticket booked, and that this is common amongst the software systems available. if one compares to other software, they often have pricing policies that seem ridiculous. for example some HR systems charge a fee each time a payroll entry is amended, you'd think a basic function. it how the software vendors make their money.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I am pretty sure, this is a VAT/accountancy thing, rather than a case of 'oh just bundle it in the ticket'

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Booking fees originally were only charged by agents but you could always go to the Theatre/Stadium direct to avoid them,to be charged when you pick them up is a liberty,the club are taking advantage of the good backing by supporters which should not be taken for granted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here