Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thursday Cricket in Lancashire & Scotland

pevenseagull is spartacus said:
On Sky the other day, during the Durham game, Mushy was talking about his prospects of playing again for Pakistan. He had been quite excited to be asked to fly back to Lahore for a conversation with the selectors, expecting that this would bring good news. But all they wanted to do was... offer him a place on the selectors' panel.

So he told them what they could do with their offer.

Shabash!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
fatbadger said:
yep - although Lancs are almost out of it, winning the game in hand and beating Surrey would put further pressure on Sussex - they would have to beat Lancs, then.

If Lancs beat Surrey, Surrey would only top the table by one point, having played one game more. Lancs would then be 33 points behind Sussex with a game in hand, and 34 points behind Surrey with two games in hand.

If Lancs and Surrey draw, Surrey would be on top by five points, having played one game more. Lancs would be 43 behind Sussex with a game in hand, and 48 behind Surrey with two games in hand.

If Surrey beat Lancs, then double bollocks.

Bascially, Sussex have to keep winning, and at the moment, the part of destiny that is being Champions is currently in our own hands.

Last edited:

Mushy's not in the team against Scotland. But he's travelled up there, because he enjoys the company and wants to see the scenery.

Sounds like a well-balanced bloke.

:)

Scotland 138/5 (29.2 ov), btw

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Large One said:
If Lancs beat Surrey, Surrey would only top the table by one point, having played one game more. Lancs would then be 33 points behind Sussex with a game in hand, and 34 points behind Surrey with two games in hand.

If Lancs and Surrey draw, Surrey would be on top by five points, having played one game more. Lancs would be 43 behind Sussex with a game in hand, and 48 behind Surrey with two games in hand.

No. The Lancs v Surrey game is Lancs game in hand on us. Sussex and Lancs would have played the same number of games.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Scotland v Sussex

Match reduced to 39 overs per side

Scotland finished on 191/9

Sussex need 192 to win from 39 overs at a rate of 4.93 per over.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
23-2. We really are shit at this form of the game.

Still off at OT though...draw would suit us nicely as well

Jul 20, 2003
Bloody well won one!!!

just

well played to Carl Hopkinson who's just had the game of his career

and thanks too to messers Duckworth and Lewis

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Have i just come down with some rare disease that makes me think the impossible does happen, or did I just read that Sussex won<

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here