Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three years in jail for posting on facebook.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Bit of a joke really, I'm not sure how you can justify locking someone up for a victimless "crime" like this one.

Every time we have one of these threads the "I've never done anything wrong" brigade come on here and say he deserved it, but I think people underestimate the severity of a prison sentence.

The way I see it, someone's life has been ruined and we will all now have to pay for him to be kept in prison and probably on benefits when he struggles to get a job when he gets out. It didn't need to happen like this, if there was ever a case for a slap on the wrist and don't do it again - this is it.
This is absolutely right. What are we trying to achieve? It will not prevent future "crimes," more likely cause some. People in prison do not sit there thinking about how they should have been good. In this sort of case, he will feel hard done by. Someone will come up in prison and then start making him feel even more anti the system and then hey presto when he comes out he will have friends who are former prisoners who have made him feel anti authority and then he will find that his criminal record prevents him getting work. Its no surprise therefore what often happens next ... the person becomes a further offender. Before locking people away for such crimes, society needs to be very aware of the monster they later create. Much better that we have proper meaningful in the society punishments for this type of crime.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Where do you draw the line though? What about some nutter on a football forum threatening violence against supporters of a rival club?

Well on here we report the 15 year old culprit to the plod...actually, no we don't wait for them to come on here we go on their stupid twat twitter site, read that some ginger retard thinks Brighton fans are all bummers THEN we report them to the police, their school and write Daily Mail stylee posts on here about how righteous we are for ridding the streets of some slavering man giant coming to arse rape us.

It's f***ing pathetic.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Outrageous sentence. Moronic comments to put on Facebook but sending him to prison is way over the top.

Especially when antisocial behaviour is generally laughed off by the law. Write something you're gonna do 3 years. Mug someone or stab someone well shit happens.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I think the sentence is harsh, but all the sentences for the people involved in the riots last year were harsh. The government said its determined it will never happen again. Threatening the police is something I would think the police would want stamped out quite quickly. Think theres a bunch of people in the north who have been jailed doing similer. They got four years.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here