Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] THREE YEAR banning order for running onto the pitch at the Amex...

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Oh my. I'm guessing the miserable farts on here moaning about the idiots over exuberance aren't capable of running, never mind jumping onto the pitch.

There's a time & place to go onto the pitch- this isn't it but he hasn't done a lot wrong other than trespas

If he just ran around like an idiot, yes it is entertaining, but he incited the away fans so it could have got a lot worse.

3 years is fair.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's not what banning orders were introduced for.

Police are abusing their powers to get their stats up and sanitise the game even more which suits Barber's agenda so of course the club are keen to support. The club will soon change their tune when they realise they have season tickets to sell as they have done already.

The police apply to the court for banning orders but it is the court that issues them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What a plum. He cant really argue with that.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Oh my. I'm guessing the miserable farts on here moaning about the idiots over exuberance aren't capable of running, never mind jumping onto the pitch.

There's a time & place to go onto the pitch- this isn't it but he hasn't done a lot wrong other than trespas

Then he’s done something wrong….

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I was just thinking how many giving the lad dog's abuse have "entered the field of play" in the past. I have done - countless times. Exuberence. Celebration. Protest.

The lad didn't assault players or other fans. He just ran on the pitch. Three years is much too harsh and indicative of how precious the game has become.

He didn't 'just run on the pitch' though did he, he gesticulated to the Palace fans which was described as inciting them. Surely you've seen the recent footage of fans coming on the pitch and assaulting players and or managers!

As far as I see it, he got what he deserved in the current climate.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Lovely stuff.

Don't. Invite. The. Pitch. He knew this.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's the absolute minimum he deserves. He should get his head down, think about his priorities in life and then see where he is in three years time. There is no excuse for running on the pitch and it needs to be stamped out for everyone's benefit. Maybe he'll take up playing Saturday league football instead and gain some respect for the pitch.

Not sure but I think you'll find the ban is for all regulated football and that could include your Saturday/Sunday league stuff. It could also prevent him from watching his kids play in organised football.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's not what banning orders were introduced for.

Police are abusing their powers to get their stats up and sanitise the game even more which suits Barber's agenda so of course the club are keen to support. The club will soon change their tune when they realise they have season tickets to sell as they have done already.

Perhaps you'd care to enlighten us as to what banning orders are for then?

D

Deleted member 2719

Trespass is a civil offence. There is a law (ie criminal law) about entering the field of play of a football pitch. He broke the law.

Come on TB, you must have broken the law some when?
Pitch at York match? End of season pitch invasions at the Goldstone and Withdean?
Smoked some illegal substance?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Only 3 years - got off lightly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Pitch at York match? End of season pitch invasions at the Goldstone and Withdean?

Context.

I've taken the occasional massive shit.

But never in the bedroom. Well.....hardly ever.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We'll be into discussing when it's OK to give the missus a slap, next.

The answer, apparently, is before 1782.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

No, no, yes and no. Everybody was on the pitch when Russell Slade kept us up.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
He’s lucky……some are being sent to jail……

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-rovers-fan-jailed-handed-7200775

We can sleep safer in our beds knowing pitch invaders are being locked up.

Wonder what the sentence would be now for the two herberts,during our protest phase, who ran on the pitch at half time ( orient if my memory serves) and handcuffed themselves to the goal?

Seems excessive to me.

Substitute excessive with ......."3 years.....what a load of bollocks"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here