Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Three minutes added time

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bizarre... but in the end I was relieved because that game had all the hallmarks of a classic smash'n' grab. I was convinced they'd get a last minute winner - and we were never gonna score anyway.
I left at 85 minutes. Shook @Green Cross Code Man by the hand, commented 'this is nailed-on nil nil' and f***ed off into the early evening sun, whistling a resigned refrain.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
What I did like was a couple of times the ref insisted that their trainer came on to treat a player for going down injured even though the player didn't want the trainer on, resulting in the player having to go off for 30 secs

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I left at 85 minutes. Shook @Green Cross Code Man by the hand, commented 'this is nailed-on nil nil' and f***ed off into the early evening sun, whistling a resigned refrain.

'a resigned refrain' That's the B side of 'place of my own' isn't it? An original on Deram is probably worth a new RB!

It just wasn't going to happen was it . . . By the time we started shooting they had a line of 7+ parked.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Left at full-time but managed to walk straight onto a Lewes train, which was the best thing that happened all afternoon.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Felt like a nailed on nil nil at half time.

Surpassing that. After ten minutes my pre match over confidence, had morphed into this I can feel we’re not going to win this one. It had Potter Amex game vibes …. mass Ipswich defence, Albion players overcrowding the same attacking space, over passing, tense in the moment. Plus some Kamikaze defence down our left (Hinch on toast).

Would love to have been wrong of course.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Bizarre... but in the end I was relieved because that game had all the hallmarks of a classic smash'n' grab. I was convinced they'd get a last minute winner - and we were never gonna score anyway.
As soon as it was announced that Fabian was made Manager of the Month I thought that’s put the mockers on everything. Ipswich being the proverbial banana skin game. So it proved, no luck in front of goal against a resolute 10 man defence and me just waiting for their one breakaway jammy deflected goal effort. It didn’t happen fortunately. So file it under ‘Disappointing - one point more.’ We move on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No goals, no physio on the pitch…..not that unreasonable imo.
And the single substitutions took no time. On reflection 3 minutes not unreasonable.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
They all moaned when they gave more “realistic” 10 mins etc about player welfare etc. now we moan when they don’t give enough. You have to think the refs cannot win, and whilst I think there should have been a bit more added time yesterday, we were never scoring anyway, if anything I thought they were going to, so I am not sure I’m upset we didn’t get longer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought it was 30 seconds per sub alone , let alone the Ipswich "injuries"
I often hear this, but I thought all extra time is at the discretion of, and determined by, the ref?

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Ref was poor. Thought it odd that two easy yellows given for a shirt pull, yes, whilst breaking, but their No 19 committed at least seven first half fouls and pulled someone's shirt on the break and no yellow. They subbed him knowing it was coming.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
They all moaned when they gave more “realistic” 10 mins etc about player welfare etc. now we moan when they don’t give enough. You have to think the refs cannot win, and whilst I think there should have been a bit more added time yesterday, we were never scoring anyway, if anything I thought they were going to, so I am not sure I’m upset we didn’t get longer.
Three minutes would've been fine if we were winning :ROFLMAO:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here