Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three Kerry Mayo's

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Hmm, I didn't notice any increase in weight. Didn't really look for it though.

However, I thought Kerry was really trying hard last night to try and get his place back. He was one of the few who I noticed really. I thought Leon looked sharp and Darren Budd was good when he came on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
the full harris said:
but we have jonesy to play left midfield, why bother trying harding or mayo there?

MM has said that he wants to try Dan Harding there for the friendlies because he believes that he could improve by playing there. I have just suggested putting Kerry Mayo back there where his lack of pace wouldnt be so exposed and also it would add more defense to the left side. More so I would suggest than Jonesy who is usually taken off.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I was sorry to read about him piling on the cakes but don't write him off yet! I agree he was pretty rubbish last season when all he seemed to do was just belt it long. looked short of confidence at times.

But he's done this before then come back and won his place back. I remember when he came on at half time away at Tranmere the year we won Div 2, had a stormer and was in the team for the rest of the season if I recall right.

I'm not sure about him in midfield though, playing there in the 3rd Div might be a bit different than in Div 1. When did he last score by the way - was it that equaliser at Macclesfield many years ago?

[My first post (under a new name) on NSC for about 5 years so I hope I've got the technology right!]

Oct 25, 2003
Screaming J said:
I was sorry to read about him piling on the cakes but don't write him off yet! I agree he was pretty rubbish last season when all he seemed to do was just belt it long. looked short of confidence at times.

But he's done this before then come back and won his place back. I remember when he came on at half time away at Tranmere the year we won Div 2, had a stormer and was in the team for the rest of the season if I recall right.

I'm not sure about him in midfield though, playing there in the 3rd Div might be a bit different than in Div 1. When did he last score by the way - was it that equaliser at Macclesfield many years ago?

[My first post (under a new name) on NSC for about 5 years so I hope I've got the technology right!]
he got the winner against derby at home- last minute

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
I'm with Uncle Buck on this one. Mayo did a better than expected job in Div 1 last time round BUT he looked out of condition on Tuesday, especially when you consider that the players only really had four weeks maximum without training.

Compare him with Butters who looked even trimmer than he did at the end of the season. If Mayo was serious about getting his place back then he should have been come back looking mean and hungry (no pun intended).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here