Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three Home Fixtures re-arranged!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
WTF are Sussex Police playing at ?

Are they going to have our home games v Pompey, Birmingham, and Millwall shifted from the Saturday as well ? Just stop PISSING ABOUT with our home games and do your frigging job for christs sake.

Remember last season they were having kittens about the naughty scamps from Division 8 FC United, who proceeded to spend the whole match SINGING SONGS, whatever next will these THUGS think of?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Another problem is that it definitely would've sold out to Leeds season ticket holders had it been on the saturday, whereas it is now far more likely to go on general sale, letting more "risky" fans get hold of tickets.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
leeds will still sell out,we could give them another 1000,and they would still,so a nice weekend in brighton,anyone remember 87(88),they came down on mass,mayhem,the old bill have no idea!!!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Another problem is that it definitely would've sold out to Leeds season ticket holders had it been on the saturday, whereas it is now far more likely to go on general sale, letting more "risky" fans get hold of tickets.

This is not problem. This is an opportunity

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
leeds will still sell out,we could give them another 1000,and they would still,so a nice weekend in brighton,anyone remember 87(88),they came down on mass,mayhem,the old bill have no idea!!!

esp in the muli storey carparks behind the grand hotel,mental

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Leeds will definitely sell out still, they have phenomenal away support.

Expect this to be the first of a number of high profile games moved by police as the season progresses.

Sussex Police were never able to cope with the big games at the Goldstone in the top two divisions.
Things don't change that much.
The local OB aren't up to it ......end of.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm retracting my earlier comment having spoken to Sussex Police. The Leeds game being moved has nothing to do with them, it's The University who asked the club to move the game as it's their admissions day.

So best we lay off them now please.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm retracting my earlier comment having spoken to Sussex Police. The Leeds game being moved has nothing to do with them, it's The University who asked the club to move the game as it's their admissions day.

So best we lay off them now please.

So our club or the Football League have fed Leeds United incorrect information!!

edit: I see Leeds have edited their info, moved due to car parking pressure in the city!

"The request was made by Sussex Police as a significant amount of car parking required for our game on the Saturday would be unavailable due to other pressures inside the city."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here