Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three days On

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Is anyone still of the opinion that we were truly dreadful at QPR on Saturday?

I am.

I have tried to be positive about the result, but I cant. We were truly shite.

What made it worst is that Sheff Wednesday, who everyone thinks we will turn over no problem ( Millwall Boxing Day?????) beat a team we should have been mullered by if they had had a bit of luck in the first half...Preston.

We are meekly sliding out of this division without a fight....Its Crap!!!

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
We were awful, just as well Bignot knew where the goal was as we could still be playing now and still not scored!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Croydonbloke said:
It`s a shame really considering you did so well to stay up last season.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

that is what is so galling.

we are not a bad team when we put two passes together...problem is we cant put two passes together

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Dies Irae said:
that is what is so galling.

we are not a bad team when we put two passes together...problem is we cant put two passes together

I disagree the table doesnt lie - Brighton are a very poor team lacking any ideas - but thats the fault of Withdean

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
I think its total lack of confidence everyone seems scared to put their foot on the ball and look to pass.

They all take the easy option and lump it.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I didn't think we were that bad, QPR are a better team and I thought we matched them. It's not easy playing against 10 men but we gave it a go, the players can't help the fact that a lot of them are just not good enough for this level.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I thought we really were dreadfull on Saturday, possibly the most infuriating away game of the season because we were easily capable of turning over QPR, who lets face it played like a team, with nothing to play FOR.

It starts at the back with Butters who lumps the ball forward at EVERY oppertunity, so no-one ever gets a foot on the ball, and when they do they have to go for 20 minutes without a decent pass, so end up having zero confidence because players are never allowed to get into a game.

Why the f*** we bother practising free kicks/corners is beyond me because our ability to execute them is the worst I have seen in 20 years, still McGhee is doing a wonderful job all round

:shootself

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Rougvie said:
I thought we really were dreadfull on Saturday, possibly the most infuriating away game of the season because we were easily capable of turning over QPR, who lets face it played like a team, with nothing to play FOR.

It starts at the back with Butters who lumps the ball forward at EVERY oppertunity, so no-one ever gets a foot on the ball, and when they do they have to go for 20 minutes without a decent pass, so end up having zero confidence because players are never allowed to get into a game.

Why the f*** we bother practising free kicks/corners is beyond me because our ability to execute them is the worst I have seen in 20 years, still McGhee is doing a wonderful job all round

:shootself

Butters hoofs were truly woeful and with no pressure on as well, I couldn't understand why we were lumping it forward when they have two of the biggest CB's in the league!?! and again as for our set pieces - EMBARASSING

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
dwayne said:
Butters hoofs were truly woeful and with no pressure on as well, I couldn't understand why we were lumping it forward when they have two of the biggest CB's in the league!?! and again as for our set pieces - EMBARASSING

Quite - Shitu (who makes mccammon look like robinson) vs gatting.

tough one to guess who will win that.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Until Saturday I was convinced we would pull off the Great Escape as last year. As others I have been telling myself we are not a bad team, just need a bit of luck.

Went to QPR full of optimism for surely here was a team that had nothing to play for and we should be able to turn them over.

However I thought we were awful. Apart from McShane and Henderson there seemed no skill in our team. We could not pass a ball, keep possession, or shoot on target. Our tactics were woeful. Long Balls to CKR against 2 big defenders. or back passing with no direct attempts to run at the defence with the ball on the ground. We could have played until midnight but still would not score.

I just do not think we have skill to stay up and I fear in Division 1 we will be taken apart with that team

I hate writing this way and being so critical of players and management who have given there all this season but we are not just good enough. The table does not lie.

Now go and prove me wrong

Yoda

English & European
The only possitive i took at half time was that we would have the wind behind us in the sencond half. Didn't use it that well did we? :glare:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Anyone else here of the opinion that QPR were pretty awful as well? Although most Brighton fans got very nervous every time QPR attacked, Henderson didn't have a huge amount to do. How they didn't beat us is beyond me, aside from the fact they didn't offer a huge amount.

Doesn't take away from the fact we were dreadful. Don't know if it's been said on here too many times, but I feel Frutos must take a fair whack of blame for their goal.

Got a text from a QPR fan after the game, and they were not impressed. The best thing about the game, he said, was the racket we made.

Performance wise I though we were reasonable on Saturday when you compare it with what has gone before. Up until we tried to attack that is, then we were shite. It still wasn't good enough to stay up and our lack of punch up front was embarressing (no suprise there tho) and for all our four "forwards" on the pitch against a team with ten men for nearly half the game, we still should have lost right at the end when QPR missed a couple of absolute sitters.

I though they looked like scoring evry time they attacked unlike us who looked utterly toothless up front (tho the ref missed a blatant handball in their penalty area in the second half)

Our problem is that we cannot create a goal and we cannot score a goal.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Storer68 said:
Our problem is that we cannot create a goal and we cannot score a goal.
And we cannot keep a clean sheet.

Other than that we're alright.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here