Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

threads about murray

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
why do people on here continue to say he wants to leave??is this fact!.I suggest whoever you are,your talking bollocks.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
im sure many on here have privi to inside information,as i do,but this old chestnut comes out every year and its utter tosh

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's utter nonsense, has been for AGES now.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
why do people on here continue to say he wants to leave??is this fact!.I suggest whoever you are,your talking bollocks.

it's a message board mate! of course it's not fact...

he's not even THAT good anyway. in my opinion... purely subjected of course so that's not 'a fact'. if he stays good luck to him, i hope he destroys league 1 next season, he he goes then good luck to him, i hope his replacement destroys leagues 1 next season.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I don't think he wants to leave but I think Gus will be pissed off with him for getting sent off ect. He'll probably leave next year anyway.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I don't think he wants to leave but I think Gus will be pissed off with him for getting sent off ect. He'll probably leave next year anyway.

That is EXACTLY what the thread starter is going on about. You have just stated that you think Gus is pissed off with him (based on what?) and that he will probably leave (based on what?).

And there is thread after thread like this. Eventually these oft repeated NSC mantras become accepted "everybody knows that Murray is pissed off and wants to leave" which simply isn't based on any facts at all.

Strikes me that he is a fairly prickly man. The sending offs and bookings appear to be related to frustration (he has ploughed a pretty lone furrow for a lot of the season). I think he's a great talent and we're lucky to have him. The challenge this season will be for Gus to get the best out of him and to find him a strike partner that compliments his style. Throw in a couple of wingers to feed him crosses and he'll be scoring goals for fun and will be a happy boy who scores 25+ goals and who will get sent off less.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That is EXACTLY what the thread starter is going on about. You have just stated that you think Gus is pissed off with him (based on what?) and that he will probably leave (based on what?).

And there is thread after thread like this. Eventually these oft repeated NSC mantras become accepted "everybody knows that Murray is pissed off and wants to leave" which simply isn't based on any facts at all.

Strikes me that he is a fairly prickly man. The sending offs and bookings appear to be related to frustration (he has ploughed a pretty lone furrow for a lot of the season). I think he's a great talent and we're lucky to have him. The challenge this season will be for Gus to get the best out of him and to find him a strike partner that compliments his style. Throw in a couple of wingers to feed him crosses and he'll be scoring goals for fun and will be a happy boy who scores 25+ goals and who will get sent off less.

PERFECTLY put.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove

that's all very well and good... but he won't be playing for us next season

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
is this fact!.

Right there's your problem. You're using the actual definition of "fact". This is NSC, where "FACT!" often means "or that's my prediction/gut reaction/interpretation, anyway"

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

The challenge this season will be for Gus to get the best out of him and to find him a strike partner that compliments his style. Throw in a couple of
Strikes me that he is a fairly prickly man. The sending offs and bookings appear to be related to frustration (he has ploughed a pretty lone furrow for a lot of the season). I think he's a great talent and we're lucky to have him. wingers to feed him crosses and he'll be scoring goals for fun and will be a happy boy who scores 25+ goals and who will get sent off less.
If you were a manager, and your striker got 10 yellow cards and 2 red cards, thus missing about 10 games through suspension, would you be pissed off with him? I would and I'd imagine Gus has given him a bollocking about it.
And I think he will leave next year because he has wanted to leave for AGES.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Thank you finally we have some sense. Nowhere has Poyet or Murray stated that he will be leaving and everything else is just idle and plain boring gossip.

that's all very well and good... but he won't be playing for us next season

care to enlighten us as to you reasons for saying that bar attention seeking

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If you were a manager, and your striker got 10 yellow cards and 2 red cards, thus missing about 10 games through suspension, would you be pissed off with him? I would and I'd imagine Gus has given him a bollocking about it.

Right. We're getting somewhere.

You have now made a definitive statement based on a sense of firm knowledge (despite his public utterances to the contrary).

So perhaps you could let us know what happens next?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Blimey, this is big news! Where did you hear this? I didn't know you had inside info!

Really comes as quite a surprise after Murray came out NUMEROUS times and said he was happy here and had finally settled, towards the end of the season.

So yeah, tell us, who's your source?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Blimey, this is big news! Where did you hear this? I didn't know you had inside info!

Really comes as quite a surprise after Murray came out NUMEROUS times and said he was happy here and had finally settled, towards the end of the season.

So yeah, tell us, who's your source?

He says he is happy, so he must be, right??

Sorry but the petulant way he plays sometimes, as people on this thread have already said, seems to come through frustration, so he can't be that happy can he?
I've always rated Murray as a footballer but he needs to sort his ways out because as we have already seen, Gus isn't exactly patient is he and if Murray gets sent off again he might snap.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
He says he is happy, so he must be, right??

Sorry but the petulant way he plays sometimes, as people on this thread have already said, seems to come through frustration, so he can't be that happy can he?
I've always rated Murray as a footballer but he needs to sort his ways out because as we have already seen, Gus isn't exactly patient is he and if Murray gets sent off again he might snap.

That's quite a presumptive leap you've made there, Mr Freud.

Did you come up with that all by yourself?

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He had a couple of silly bookings/sending offs towards the end of the season I agree, but I didn't immediately (unlike a lot of people) equate that to "he's not happy again". Even with those bookings, he was still working a lot harder than earlier in the season, and definitely looked like he cared, again perhaps unlike some performances earlier in the season.

It seems he can be a bit of a daft player - I remember someone mentioning his nickname at Rochdale was Trigger due to his penchant for doing daft things (catching the ball, for instance?)

I have full faith in Gus to get Murray focused, if he does that (which he will) Murray will be superb for us next season.

I believed Murray when he said he was settled, just like a believed him a few months before that when he said he wasn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here