Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thread of the best Electronic tunes you know.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I like the F & M album too. Good call. The Tron soundtrack by Daft Punk is also worth a shout , HT. And am listening (again) to Immer 3 mix cd from the evergood Kompakt label.

If you get a chance have a listen to the tribute album to the Berghain nightclub. It's called Funf, is on the Ostgut Tun label and is very very good

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
f*** it, I'm plugging Maxxi Soundsystem on here again. Local duo playing Audio tonight

[yt]ec3cvl79NzE[/yt]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I like the F & M album too. Good call. The Tron soundtrack by Daft Punk is also worth a shout , HT. And am listening (again) to Immer 3 mix cd from the evergood Kompakt label.

If you get a chance have a listen to the tribute album to the Berghain nightclub. It's called Funf, is on the Ostgut Tun label and is very very good

Mmmmm. Berghain. I've lost my mind and a few other things in that place a few times. It's a beast of a night club. In fact night club does not do it justice....it's another world.

(I need to reply to your email as well...HT whispers quietly)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm listening to the new Fujiya and Myagi album. Not as immediate as the others, and on first listen it was down-right disappointing but over a few Brewdog lagers and a bottle of wine I really got into it. And one track sounds like The Hustle theme tune.

Ah yes forgot them. First album was great.

M83 - Electronic Shoegaze/Dream Pop. Think My Bloody Valentine but more mellow and synthesized - Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts is a brilliant album, perfect come down music from a long night out.

220px-M83-Dead_Cities%2C_Red_Seas_%26_Lost_Ghosts.jpg

People may not all agree but I think Playing The Angel - Depeche Mode is one of the best electronic albums of the last 10 years. Full of pretty accessible Synth-Pop-Rock really, lovely firm dirty synth sounds throughout.

220px-Depeche_Mode_Playing_the_Angel.jpg

Royksopp - The Girl and The Robot - as a one off track is brilliant. Leads on well to;

The Knife - Silent Shout - possibly the best Electronic album in a while. Incredibly icy and dark.

220px-TheKnifeSilentShout.jpg

She Wants Revenge aren't bad if you want trashy, simple, Interpol-as-an-Electronic-band. Touches of The Cure and 80's new wave electro in there as well.

220px-SheWantsRevenge.st.jpg

Chromeo are superb for party music, really stupid retro music done fantastically well, quite a few songs are quite clearly inspired by Thriller era Jackson as well which is obviously a good thing.

220px-She%27s_in_Control.jpg

I could go on for literally HOURS

Ratatat
Aphex Twin
Ladytron
Justice
The Album Leaf

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Justice

I know I'm going to sound like a complete twat when I say this but Berghain went proper off when Luke Slater dropped Phantom II. He worked it in very well, and if you know the breakdown you will know what I mean. In all my clubbing years I have never seen a place go off like that night. I had to do a gram of coke to calm down.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Washed Out - youll see it, is a bit of a fave from the last year

James Blake also another decent new find for me

And a bonfide alltime classic, all 14 minutes of Paperclip People - Throw

Last edited:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
This little ditty reminds me of a Doris on my radar, who will be the beneficiary of my spring-time ministrations...

*awaiting the injunction

:smile:

[yt]6SlWPQGMCfQ[/yt]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah heard washed out for first time recently, good stuff.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Lovely, atmospheric, acid builder. Skip to 5:00 for the beginning of the acid.

Richie Hawtin :bowdown:

Nice.

Aside from his music there is a great DVD documentary about him called Slices Special - Pioneers of electronic Music Vol.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Anyone else got the Ministry of Sound Electric 80s alb?
I downloaded it at crimbo and have listened to it constantly since.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here