Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thread of the best Electronic tunes you know.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The best I know? Jesus...how long you got? Minimal? Trip Hop? Dream Pop? J-Pop? Dirty Electro? Deep House? Dub Electro? Breakbeat?

Here's what I'm liking at the moment:

How about the latest David Lynch track. Sounds very 1990s British electronica. Video is gruesome, the music is superb

[yt]IugOfDBWcGc[/yt]

Bit of Brazilian dance music for you. This is (in my opinion an epic song)

[yt]9oy_C4FTrVI[/yt]

Tell you what? Drop this into any (and I mean ANY) set at a nightclub and watch the floor fill. Nearly 40 years on and as fresh as the day it was recorded. Love is the Drug by Roxy Music

[yt]0n3OepDn5GU[/yt]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Problem is this sorta genre is one that can be seen as so many things, "dance" for example can cover almost anything.

Electronic? Listen to:

Vitalic
Junior Boys
Kraftwerk
Union Of Knives (cracking Scottish band, like Nine Inch Nails crossed with Radiohead, all electronic-y)
Nine Inch Effin' Nails
Neu!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The best I know? Jesus...how long you got? Minimal? Trip Hop? Dream Pop? J-Pop? Dirty Electro? Deep House? Dub Electro? Breakbeat?

Tell you what? Drop this into any (and I mean ANY) set at a nightclub and watch the floor fill. Nearly 40 years on and as fresh as the day it was recorded. Love is the Drug by Roxy Music

[yt]0n3OepDn5GU[/yt]

Love Is The Drug is SUCH a tune. Has held up very well. As you say, could spend ages.

Also Warpaint have done a good cover of Ashes To Ashes by Bowie. Look it RIGHT up.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Mellotron - we speak the same language. :thumbsup:

Haven't heard the Warpaint cover but will dig it out. Thanks for the heads up. In return I've got a wicked album called Remembranza by a Mexican called Murcof that would be right up your street.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Love Is The Drug is SUCH a tune. Has held up very well. As you say, could spend ages.

Also Warpaint have done a good cover of Ashes To Ashes by Bowie. Look it RIGHT up.

And lets not forget Same Old Scene. Another Roxy song which has stood the test of time.

As for Neu! a good call. An amusing band who I just love for the b-side of Neu 2 alone. What else do you do when you run out of budget?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm listening to the new Fujiya and Myagi album. Not as immediate as the others, and on first listen it was down-right disappointing but over a few Brewdog lagers and a bottle of wine I really got into it. And one track sounds like The Hustle theme tune.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Apparet is that fella with the band called Shit Katapult. Is this a catapult which fires shit....or a catapult which is not very good?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here