Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thread of recommended smartphone apps

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Thats very debateable, over at the Android Forums thers huge discussion as to whether you need one or not, personally I deleted mine and my phone has performed better. Something to do with the way Android manages Apps, its not like Windows where they hug battery life in the background as they just sit there waiting to be used so laying Dormant, takes more battery to start them back up again so if you keep Task Killing them its battery draining.

I agree with this, I find I kill one or two apps then a minute later they are back up again. It doesn't even let me kill certain ones like Voice Search. Just stick to using the Applications feature in the Settings Menu which seems to work better

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland
For me it has to be the Slingbox app. It's brilliant. I get all the functionality of my Sky+ remote on my phone so I can watch my Sky+ Anywhere. I even had it on in the car on the way home from work watching the ashes, live (I work nights and someone else was driving). Of course, you need to have the slingbox to start with, but, it means you don't miss a thing where ever you are as long as you have your phone with you.

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009
Fruit Ninja is my latest addiction

Others are:

Web Albums for Picasa
Sky+
TuneIn Radio
FlickCricketPro
Angry Birds
Tiger Woods
Trainyard
PES2010
World Series Of Poker
FM 2010
Nightstand
Endomondo
Torch
Train Times
London Tube
Taxi Meter
Next Buses
Dominos Pizza

Think that's enough for now.

Does anyone use 'Game Centre'? My id is Beardosh if you fancy adding?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I agree with this, I find I kill one or two apps then a minute later they are back up again. It doesn't even let me kill certain ones like Voice Search. Just stick to using the Applications feature in the Settings Menu which seems to work better

Sometimes when I'm listening to the FM radio on my android phone (the actual built-in radio, not an internet stream), it occasionally cuts out. The only way I can get it back is by killing all the apps. Works straight away then.

Odd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here