Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thread full of possible McGhee replacements

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i'd say mcghee wouldn't be going anywhere for the moment........we are probably LUMBERRED with the LABIA until some progress is made in tyhe direction pof Falmer and some GAY millionaire dumps 50 million quid in the clubs coffers.......

OH HAPPY FUCKIN DAYS.........:nono:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Highfields Seagull said:
Danny Wilson.

Undoubtedly treated badly at Bristol City, but he did fail to promote them from League One. McGhee managed it at the first attempt.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
My thoughts, for what it is worth...

Dean Wilkins (promoted) - We have been down this route before promoting from within and it has failed twice...The club will not do it again.

Ian Hollaway - No way

Guy Butters (player/manager) - The same argument as the "promoting from within" I mentioned above.

Frank Spencer - Could do a job.

George Graham - No thanks.

Terry Venables - No thanks

Mick McCarthy - Would be happy to have him.

Brian Kerr - No thanks.

Nigel Clough - Might be worth a gamble but would probably be unwilling to come until Falmer is confirmed.

Mark Wright - No way.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Interesting how many people are jumping on the Tank bandwagon. Does he have coaching experience/qualifications? Would he want to jump straight into a high profile job without gaining experience?

Although I still think it is a moot point, I'm surprised no-one has mentioned Chris Hutchings. Doubt Wigan would let him go and doubt he would want to come but it can't all be Paul Jewell's doing.

Last edited:

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Giraffe said:
Undoubtedly treated badly at Bristol City, but he did fail to promote them from League One. McGhee managed it at the first attempt.

Yeah, but he did finish 3rd 3 seasons running which would have got them promoted in the old days. Also the play-offs are a complete lottery as we can definately testify to by the way we bundled our way into the final in 2004.

I would be happy to have Danny Wilson as manager.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Holloway or Ternant
If Mcghee stays let him bring in Archie Knox and get rid of Booker and White

Oct 25, 2003
face it, there is no-one that we can afford/would want to join us who is any better than mark mcghee

the only hope is to gamble on "one for the future" ie. wilkins or a retiring player, or stick with MM and hope he can get us out of league 1

that is a FACT

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
As has been pointed out before we have been extremely lucky in the past that Micky A, Stevie C, Petey T and even Marky M were available and willing to come to our club. All had proven track records and could be considered to be unlucky to be out of work at the time. Certainly time has shown since that they were all more than capable managers as all have enjoyed success over recent years.

There is nobody of a similar calibre available at the moment and so the shortlist is nowhere near as exciting.

The fact of the matter remains that MM is the only man with any real experience of battling out of the lower leagues. Except for Holloway's one promotion and Danny Wilson's brief prem stint with Barnsley the rest have hardly got glittering CV's.

If we were going to give MM the chop then it should have been at Christmas, there is no point in doing so now as his proven experience of escaping Division 2 at the right end makes him an invaluable asset to have. If he fucks it up after the first dozen games or so then maybe we should start looking more seriously at replacements, but right now we're not blessed with options.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
1. Mghee
2. Like the sound of Clough and would be happy to give him a go!!

E

enigma

Danny Wilson is a great shout- look where MK Dons are in League 1. Even with a goalscorer like McLeod.:shootself

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Bluejuice said:
As has been pointed out before we have been extremely lucky in the past that Micky A, Stevie C, Petey T

Were we lucky? As I recall, the list of applicants was both extensive and very strong both times. I dare say there'd be considerable interest in the job, including many from names that haven't been mentioned. McCarthy and Clough are both good suggestions from those brought up so far.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
enigma said:
Why ? I wasnt aware of his record being particularly good.
He did well in his brief spell at Coventry, he was a top player and a top professional, imo possessing the attributes to be a class manager.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
junior said:
To me,there is only one person.

IAN HOLLOWAY.

I work with a QPR fan and his comments are ....

Very strange tactical decisions
plays players out of position
and
has ago at fans if they give him grief

:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here