Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thread full of DIY tips

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Save money on expensive wallpaper adhesives by using static electricity instead. Simply place the wallpaper you are about to hang on your trestle and rub your cat up and down it. For best results, use nylon wallpaper.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't shop at Focus or any shop connected with it is my only tip. Don't give a **** that Archer may no longer be involved

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
When laying laminate flooring, you no longer have to remove the skirting board to get 'the proffesional' look. Instead, you can now get edging strips that butt up against the skirting and give enough space for expansion.
Or if you do it the old fashioned way, start laying the flooring 'under' the door frames first. That way when you get to the end you won't have to take it all up again cos the piece won't flex enough for you to pop it under.:angry:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Start painting the hallway knowing damn well you cant reach the high bits, then get 'big strong boy' to finish the job for you! :)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
if you've got a crooked kitchen don't tile the north and south wall as the :censored: other wall won't line up and you'll have to pull down 1 wall which took 2 hours :angry:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
TRANSFORM your garden into a Eurodisney style theme park by charging your neighbour £20 to get in, £15 for an icecream and then make him wait 4.5 hours for a ride on your lawnmower.

D

Deleted member 2719

Buy tiles the same size otherwise they don't match up!!

:wave:

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
Don't wait for a 'boyfriend' to put new window panels into your doors, it'll never happen.

In fact, do everything yourself as the curtains I let him put up were bloody crap too!!!

:angry:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
virgirlo said:
Don't wait for a 'boyfriend' to put new window panels into your doors, it'll never happen.

In fact, do everything yourself as the curtains I let him put up were bloody crap too!!!

I take it he is now an ex boyfriend :lol:

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Always measure twice and cut once

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
virgirlo said:

He's a clever boy :smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here